PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Changing icons for applications in taskbar

swinky
August 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I am using Firefox 3.5 that I installed manually (from the Firefox website) after completely removing Firefox 3.0 from my system. I have been running it like this just fine pretty much since Firefox 3.5 was released.

Tonight I noticed that the icon for Firefox in the taskbar is the generic application icon. I don't know if that just changed or if I have not been noticing all this time (sadly enough, that may very well be a possibility.) It is the correct Firefox icon in the applications menu, but only because I manually set it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to change the icon for the taskbar. Does anybody know how this would be done?

I've included a picture because for some reason, while I have found a number of posts around the internet asking how to do this, they are always answered with how to change it in the applications menu. So the picture is just to reiterate and better illustrate my point.

swinky
August 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Um, okay, I that was weird. I solved my own problem.

Apparently, something with ia32-libs got messed up. I realized that more than just the taskbar icon was screwing up after posting... none of the icons would load! So I ran Firefox from the terminal and was getting all sorts of errors like:

Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so

Despite trying to install "libpixbufloader-png.so" with getlibs it didn't work. I tracked it down on some forums to an issue with ia32-libs. I uninstalled and reinstalled them, everything is back to normal.

So you can totally disregard this thread... #-o