PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

tufkakf
January 29th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Just wanted to say goodbye to this forum.

After reregistering recently as I thought having an account when testing dapper would be a good idea, I really was shocked to see what this forum had become.

In the few days I've been here I have been called a retard, accused of not reading what I'm answering to, accused of having a windows fetish, though I don't even use windows, I have been treated to nice pms in which I was called an ****** and a jackass, have been labled as a troll, idiot and moron and I could go on and on.

And much to my dismay I had to discover that arnieboy still behaves like a 5 year old, calling everybody who dares not to agree with him, or merely asks a question that could be constructed as being critical, names, without the mods doing anything about it.

Clearly, that's not a place I want to hang out at.

So, goodbye everyone and have fun,
Knomefan.

Sheinar
January 29th, 2006, 11:52 PM
And much to my dismay I had to discover that arnieboy still behaves like a 5 year old
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that. Though, I'm sure most people do, just never say anything about it.

Anyway, sorry to see you go. I don't think I've seen any of the conversations where you were called any of those things, though it doesn't surprise me. Many people here do seem to act like 10 year olds, insulting people at any opportunity.

stimpack
January 29th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry you had this experience, forums have been nothing but good to me.

I have read that Automatix thread and want no part of the thread or script. Nothing against Arnieboy or his script, I just like Linux for fun all the flaming is BS.

Adrian
January 30th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to say goodbye to this forum.
Well, I must say that I have been enjoying your posts since the early "Knome_fan" days. Thanks, and good bye.

KingBahamut
January 30th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Knome, yer a good guys. Im sorry it took to this, but if you ever wanna talk it out Capn, let me know, We can do it.

BLTicklemonster
January 30th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Well, from one ****** to another, see you when you come back. lol

(ignore the peanut gallery, when they reach puberty, they'll discover girls and quit posting)

JimmyJazz
January 30th, 2006, 12:57 AM
aw sorry to see you go people have almost always been nice to me on these forums.

r4ik
January 30th, 2006, 01:29 AM
I think the FUD issue slammed the door for you wich i can well imagine
but that one wasnt just another day at the office.
There are almost 70.000 members and you ran into the wrong onces.
Wich is against the odds on this forum.
If you want to leave i wish you all the best but i cant resist suggesting to give it a few more days.

xequence
January 30th, 2006, 02:01 AM
In the few days I've been here I have been called a retard, accused of not reading what I'm answering to, accused of having a windows fetish, though I don't even use windows, I have been treated to nice pms in which I was called an ****** and a jackass, have been labled as a troll, idiot and moron and I could go on and on.

Those are just the absolute windows haters. Dont worry about them... I use windows and if anyone doesent like that, I dont care.

Clearly, that's not a place I want to hang out at.

Knomefan.

Bye ;)

And much to my dismay I had to discover that arnieboy still behaves like a 5 year old, calling everybody who dares not to agree with him, or merely asks a question that could be constructed as being critical, names, without the mods doing anything about it.

Ive ran into my share of people I dont particulary like, but thats life. It doesent mean they are bad people or anything, just they got into a situation where a fight happens or something.

majikstreet
January 30th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Bye..

There's nothing we can do to make you stay, but it'd be nice to not have people leaving.. things will eventually be sorted out... I would just leave for a bit then come back and see if things have cooled down...

just me,
majikstreet

Iandefor
January 30th, 2006, 02:39 AM
That sucks. Better luck elsewhere.

poofyhairguy
January 30th, 2006, 03:22 AM

The backyard and the third party areas are considered to be "leased space" by forum staff. Those places are run by those in charge of them mostly.

Knomefan.

Bye again. Glad it was not me that pushed you away this time. Thanks for your name- I use it on my favorite guide.

TechSonic
January 30th, 2006, 04:56 AM
OH geez man. Sorry I said you had a Windows Fetish. I was in a bad mood that day and I had no right. I'm man enough to admit that.

If it makes you feel any better, you can call me a rednick gomer. I do live in Nebraska... >.<

Bandit
January 30th, 2006, 05:12 AM
I feel your pain, but just stick around and take a breather. Every forum has there little pet trolls. You just have to not let them get you down and if they do cross the line report them to the admins.
The worst forum I ever visited was one the the guildwars forums. For a game they requires they you be at least 13 to play I never seen so many 5 year olds in my life...
Cheers,
Bandit

earobinson
January 30th, 2006, 05:45 AM
one big loss to the forums... hope you come back.

I think he was misstreaded.