PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate power.

CJ Master
August 5th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm conducting an experiment, here.

What would you do if you learned that you could change the world however you wanted too?

Would you decide to become a dictator, ruling the world under one fist? Would you decide to unite the world under treaty? Or would it be a classic case of "Prime Directive" and you go to an island somewhere and leave all your worries behind?

Before this begins I request that you please be honest about your answers. This is the Internet, you are anonymous. No one will judge you for choosing an "evil" answer. I don't want people saying they'd make everyone happy etc etc just too look good or get "brownie points." On the flip side, please answer seriously, like you really got this opportunity and you're telling us what you're going to do with it.

Edit: Please note you don't have to choose the three options I showed you, those were just examples.

Shindogo
August 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'd take options 1 and 2... unite the world. Under me.

:twisted:

magmon
August 5th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Id use the power to give myself super (UBER) powers to kill all my enemies for fun/spite.

CJ Master
August 5th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Id use the power to give myself super (UBER) powers to kill all my enemies for fun/spite.

But would you really though? Drive to the guys house, look at him in the eyes and smash his head, and watch him die?

PurposeOfReason
August 5th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Well as I'd be the ultimate source of power I would find a way to reproduce it and use it to run my hardware that I would have custom made, with my awesome power of course, and go to town. :popcorn:

Oh, and I'd get rid of AIDS. Not to get brownie points but because it is one of the things that scares the hell out of me.

magmon
August 5th, 2009, 08:16 AM
But would you really though? Drive to the guys house, look at him in the eyes and smash his head, and watch him die?

Well, it would be more like travel through the water/snow/ice in the air and enviornment, be there in about 30 seconds, create a katana out of ice and whack his/her in half with one swing.

Im writing a book, this is the power of one of my characters lol.

heyyy
August 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
i think we actualy do have the power...with sudo lol

JillSwift
August 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Change the world in any way? Wow.

I would cause all people to me far, far more likely to think critically and be skeptical. I would make people base their choices on rational thought over emotional response far more often (but not nearly absolutely, Vulcans are boring).

Then I'd grant myself a few thousand year lifetime to watch the changes that brings about.

Dragonbite
August 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I would buy the world a Coke
and sing in harmony...

travy4911
August 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
This is actually a hard question. Hmm....I'd probably change reality just for the fun of it...something like change a dog that's chasing a cat into a mouse just for the irony, or a thousand other little things like this. I might also solve world poverty and disease. I've seen too many problems with these in my lifetime. I would do away with people who was not worth keeping up by one either changing them or two just sending them into an abyss somewhere. I can think of more, but I would be here all night.

EDIT: Oh and get rid of cats.....I hate cats.... :P

sydbat
August 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Change the world in any way? Wow.

I would cause all people to me far, far more likely to think critically and be skeptical. I would make people base their choices on rational thought over emotional response far more often (but not nearly absolutely, Vulcans are boring).

Then I'd grant myself a few thousand year lifetime to watch the changes that brings about.I would add to this - make people learn from history...their own and the world's...then we would have an easier time with JillSwift's solution.

I would buy the world a Coke
and sing in harmony...But would you keep it company??

Dragonbite
August 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I don't think I would solve world hunger or poverty.

I would, though, want to inject self-motivation, compassion and educate everybody across the world so they can get themselves out of their situation.

Otherwise, solving world hunger will make a bunch of really fat people because the definition of "hunger" would go from eating dirt to eating only 3 McDonald's meals a day.

Don't fix the symptom (their situation), fix the problem (motivation, responsibility, ability or given a chance)

sydbat
August 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I don't think I would solve world hunger or poverty.

I would, though, want to inject self-motivation, compassion and educate everybody across the world so they can get themselves out of their situation.

Otherwise, solving world hunger will make a bunch of really fat people because the definition of "hunger" would go from eating dirt to eating only 3 McDonald's meals a day.

Don't fix the symptom (their situation), fix the problem (motivation, responsibility, ability or given a chance)+ 1. This is what my wife does as an addictions counsellor, address the problems in clients lives, which is why they abuse substances. When they work on their problems, self medication tends to stop. I guess she is my "real world" hero - changing lives each day, one at a time.

Dragonbite
August 5th, 2009, 04:51 PM
+ 1. This is what my wife does as an addictions counsellor, address the problems in clients lives, which is why they abuse substances. When they work on their problems, self medication tends to stop. I guess she is my "real world" hero - changing lives each day, one at a time.

That reminds me, I would also make a massive investigation into Mental Health issues and the Philosophy of self before making any changes. It's not as black-and-white as "curing mental illness" because some "mental illnesses" we have today are also related to great minds, unique philosophers and awe-inspiring artists!

blur xc
August 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I'd ban idiot phrases like "total pwnage" and "lolz", etc...

On a slightly more serious note- I've toyed with this "what if" scenario idea in my head...

Ban greed- Say, all super executive ceo's of big corporations had a salary cap- like $200k/yr (why should they get paid more than the pres. anyway?). NO BONUSES! Take all that extra money, and either pass it out to their employees, or reduce the cost of their products. IMO, it's not right that 1000's of employees work hard to eek out a living on a $30k salary, while some moron ceo drives a company into the ground while giving himself a $100,000,000 bonus that year, not to mention what the rest of the executives take for themselves.

BM

Edit: and I'd severely punish anyone who drives in the carpool lane or the fast lane at any speed below the speed limit, if there's nothing stopping him from going faster. GET OVER!!!

spupy
August 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
All these things you people mention will be minor details in such a godly existance. These powers will induce great apathy and boredom of everything; I will end up erasing myself from existance after several minutes/millennia.

Or... (on a less serious note, although an interesting possibility :D )
I can become a japanese high-school girl, erase the memories of my powers (but not the powers themselves) and have fun. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya_(franchise))

Swagman
August 5th, 2009, 05:20 PM
If I ruled the World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-jANkqpQo)

I'd luv em, Luv em baby !!

hellmet
August 5th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I would end Microsoft. Send urgent Windows updates to users that will self install Ubuntu by Wubi and also transfer all data to his/her Wubi installation.
Oops Microsoft hatred is supposed to be a disease.. Somebody cure me!

Swagman
August 5th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Cure the cause, not the symptom !!

Barrucadu
August 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Make magic real, of course.

What better change could there possibly be than that? Assuming I only had the power to make one change, I could then acquire/use magic to do the rest.

blur xc
August 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
If I ruled the World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-jANkqpQo)

I'd luv em, Luv em baby !!

Holy crap- that was painful... I only lasted about 10 secs... :shock:

BM

CJ Master
August 5th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Make magic real, of course.

What better change could there possibly be than that? Assuming I only had the power to make one change, I could then acquire/use magic to do the rest.

Ah, no. You can do whatever you want, you're not limited to one change. Magic being real would be cool, of course. ;)

CJ Master
August 7th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Bump. ;)

Jimleko211
August 7th, 2009, 01:40 AM
If I had ultimate power, I'd get rid of organized religion and make people think about things before they do things.

I'd also make everyone play trading card games with me :D

Rainstride
August 7th, 2009, 02:03 AM
i would start by turning every barren dead chunk of desert or wasteland on this planet on this planet into fertile farm land. then raise all 3rd and 2nd world countries into 1st world ones. and would personally kill every evil leader or dictator with my bare hands(evil killed in an evil way,lol). then expand the internet into those areas. and decentralize Internet access from the hands of major corps to the citys using it. switch every one to solar, wind, and thermal power, make all cars electric(love the Tesla roadster).i would then move onto the other scum, i would abolish the U.N. and the CFR and all these other elite controlled 3rd party groups trying to control and dictate to the world to get what they want and not what is needed. and then deal with REAL environmental problems like spilling toxic waste, radio active waste, so on and so on.

then probably just spend my free time killing evil people in really evil ways.

also, legalize all drugs and get rid of organized religion.

sailthesea
August 7th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I would grant every other person in the world the same abilities as myself That would be a true equality of Man!
How it would go from there is any ones guess! It would an epic social experiment though?

Rainstride
August 7th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I would grant every other person in the world the same abilities as myself That would be a true equality of Man!
How it would go from there is any ones guess! It would an epic social experiment though?

we would probably end up dead.

master5o1
August 7th, 2009, 02:30 AM
If I had ultimate power, I would act upon reversing any action that anyone else has made using their equally ultimate power.

IE: Attempt to negate everyone's use of their ultimate power :D

hellion0
August 7th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I'd appoint myself Benevolent Dictator of Earth, and let the world continue to run as normally, except wiping out the corruption (under penalty of death), discrimination (under penalty of death) and violence (under penalty of death) that currently persist.

Then I'd wake up one day and realize I was the only one left. Along with a couple million babies.

Icehuck
August 7th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I'd drink Dr. Pepper while wailing on my guitar. Occasionally I would get really super pissed, flip out, and commit seppuku.

I would also end the existence of pirates by wailing on my guitar.

For you amateurs - http://www.realultimatepower.net/