PDA

View Full Version : exploding iPods!

ice60
August 5th, 2009, 05:17 AM
did you see the article about the exploding iPods?

Apple tried to silence owner of exploding iPod with gagging order
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6736587.ece
shocking!

lisati
August 5th, 2009, 05:20 AM
shocking!

Nice choice of words. May I add "elecrifying"???? As for the product safety concerns raised, Ouch!

sydbat
August 5th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Scary.

philcamlin
August 5th, 2009, 05:27 AM
apple is in hot water these days
hope my iphone doesnt blow up in my poket

ice60
August 5th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Nice choice of words. May I add "elecrifying"???? As for the product safety concerns raised, Ouch!
i noticed and was going to say something else, but it was the first thing that came in to my head! =:-o lol

Arup
August 5th, 2009, 05:35 AM
And as usual, Apple trying to gag the victim.

windows-killer
August 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
guys, this is old news. I read similar article on softpedia before couple of months ago.

mkendall
August 6th, 2009, 03:07 AM
So the ipod explodes. The big question is does it blend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs)?

Giant Speck
August 6th, 2009, 03:13 AM
So the ipod explodes. The big question is does it blend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs)?

Hell yeah, it does!

I had to cover my iPhone's eyes before watching that, though.

gletob
August 6th, 2009, 04:48 AM
This was stupid for them to call it a gagging agreement.

Apple sent them a contract to replace an OUT OF WARRANTY Ipod, and in the contract it had a clear stated confidentiality clause which is reasonable for a contract of any type. Get over a million Ipods and something goes wrong: Get over

NOTE: I am in no way a Apple fanboy.

Dr. C
August 6th, 2009, 06:26 AM

Apple sent them a contract to replace an OUT OF WARRANTY Ipod, and in the contract it had a clear stated confidentiality clause which is reasonable for a contract of any type. Get over a million Ipods and something goes wrong: Get over

The alternative if one does not agree with the language that Apple's lawyers place in the agreement is to sue Apple in small claims court. Any judgment then becomes a matter of public record so no gag order there. The fact that it is out warranty is much less of an issue than the injury the exploding iPod can cause.

MikeTheC
August 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Have you folks heard Apple's latest marketing slogan for the iPod?

"More bang for your buck!"

HappinessNow
August 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
did you see the article about the exploding iPods?

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6736587.ece
shocking!
To bad he didn't get it on video, the guy would have made a mint!

Have you folks heard Apple's latest marketing slogan for the iPod?

"More bang for your buck!""iPods the music device people are dying for!"

gnomeuser
August 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
And as usual, Apple trying to gag the victim.

If you are masochistic enough to buy an Apple product, maybe you would enjoy being gagged.

Johnsie
August 6th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Actually gagging makes sense, otherwise everyone would start saying their ipod blew up just to get some money. The interesting thing about this article is that the man refused to let Apple look at the supposedly exploded device. So maybe they were trying to stop a hoax?

Either way, there are millions of Ipods in the world and I'm yet to see one exploding.

Dr. C
August 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Actually gagging makes sense, otherwise everyone would start saying their ipod blew up just to get some money. The interesting thing about this article is that the man refused to let Apple look at the supposedly exploded device. So maybe they were trying to stop a hoax?

Either way, there are millions of Ipods in the world and I'm yet to see one exploding.

Apple can simply ask for the remnants of the exploded iPod as evidence of the explosion, and to find out what caused it. If it is not provided then refuse to compensate. But why a gag order? The reason for gag orders in these kinds of situations is to suppress accurate but damaging information that would lead people to stop buying iPods for fear of them exploding.

MasterNetra
August 6th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Dude it explodes! I doubt you'd be feeling this way if you had one in your pocket and it decides to go boom. The contract they sent is essentially a gagging order, all they asked for was a refund NOT a replacement ipod.