PDA

View Full Version : gnome-panel has to be force started each boot

SlothPaladin
August 5th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I just installed the Netbook Remix on my EEE 900 laptop and it has fixed a ton of minor issues I was having. After changing the display to the classic view (the netbook view is VERY laggy) I ran a system update, when I logged in I lost the top and bottom bars. Eventually I created a launcher that runs "gnome-panel" but I was wondering if I could auto run that command when it logs in.

I have another problem where the windows and apps don't seem to have any chrome. Every window is in the upper left side and can't seemed to be moved around, sometimes I cannot see the close buttons on some windows that are taller then 600px

goofy2909
September 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I have another problem where the windows and apps don't seem to have any chrome. Every window is in the upper left side and can't seemed to be moved around, sometimes I cannot see the close buttons on some windows that are taller then 600px

in order to allow the windows to be resized and moved again, just start metacity again - you can also create a launcher for it on your desktop and start it manually. i am facing the same problems and still trying to find out how i can re-enable the automated start of gnome-panel and metacity again... help appreciated :)

goofy2909
September 15th, 2009, 10:55 AM
i should use the search function more often ;)
in case other people have the same problem, this solution has done the trick for me:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7657941&postcount=24

ithinkitschad
September 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM
i should use the search function more often ;)
in case other people have the same problem, this solution has done the trick for me:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7657941&postcount=24

Its really just a guess, but cant you got to >system>preferences>startup applications
And add 'gnome-panel'
Then when you start up gnome-panel should start with it

ithinkitschad
September 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I didnt mean to add that quote:)