PDA

View Full Version : strange interest.

cmay
August 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM
i have many more or less strange interests besides computers.
there is some of my interest that are pretty mainstream like i like to play music and i like the nature and these pretty common things.

but i have one interest i personally think is a bit strange. i like to read about things like this- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone and i always did have some books and i can sit for long time reading about these things.

what i find interesting is what it is used for , how it works and what side effects are and i read about all kinds of drugs used for all kinds of diseases and have no use for it none what so ever. i would become a lousy health care person if i where to try become a medical trained person of any kind.

but anyway i just spend an hour reading these wikipedia articles of different drugs and i cant understand all of it allways but i still read these things from time to time with out having no need or any practical usage for it none what so ever.
its just a strange interest i have and i cant explain how come i have developed this.

anyone else have a strange (or less common ) interest.

aaaantoine
August 4th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Maybe you should study to become a doctor of pharmacology.

jeffathehutt
August 4th, 2009, 09:02 PM
That's a strange interest? Well then, I guess I am strange too :)

I read about different medicines and treatments all the time. In fact, right before I saw this thread I was reading about various noteable hospitals...

My favorite medicines to read about are the ones used to treat mental conditions such as depression and schizophrenia, as well as the different types of painkillers in use today. Very interesting stuff in my opinion. :)

cmay
August 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Maybe you should study to become a doctor of pharmacology.
I would become the worst Doctor ever i think. but its a interesting subject.
i dont know what triggers the reading of things that are just organized information that only a few can actually use but i discovered i have a tendency to read stuff like that.

i can sit for hours and read about all sorts of things that are categorized and organized . i cant remember much of it anyway and will never be able to since i never found any pratical uses for most the things i read.

calrogman
August 4th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I play Dwarf Fortress.

JDShu
August 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I play Dwarf Fortress.

That is awesome.

cmay
August 4th, 2009, 11:21 PM
That's a strange interest? Well then, I guess I am strange too :)

I read about different medicines and treatments all the time. In fact, right before I saw this thread I was reading about various noteable hospitals...

My favorite medicines to read about are the ones used to treat mental conditions such as depression and schizophrenia, as well as the different types of painkillers in use today. Very interesting stuff in my opinion. :)

in my case it is a bit strange. i dont have any need to absorb the information i just think its interesting.

medicines are exiting to read about in general i think. funny enough the only thing i never bothered to read a whole lot about is the autoimmune kidney disease i have. i got that when i was 22 and i started to read about all these things as 16 years old. so no connection there that ignited the interest.

i read a lot and i often have maybe six or seven books a week from the library and i cant off course remember the half of what i read. but i found out that the internet has many things i can read too. i focus on reading things that are knowledge organized in manuals maybe or at least sorted somehow. i am lousy at reading fiction. when i watch movies its the other way around. i want as much fiction as possible in that media.

calrogman
August 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
That is awesome.

It so is. If anyone is interested, do a YouTube search for the user "captnduck", he has 43 videos which cover just about everything in Dwarf Fortress.