PDA

View Full Version : UNinstallation Problem

mykeljee
August 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ok so on my Acer Aspire one Netbook I have two partitions. One with XP and one with Ubuntu Netbook Remix. I want to properly remove Ubuntu Netbook Remix. How would I go about doing this? Before I tried to just delete the partition and redistribute free space, but the "grub boot loader" was still there and I couldn't even boot into ANY OS. So then I had to reinstall ubuntu just so I could access XP. How can I remove Ubuntu and if I do does it also remove the grub boot loader?

ajgreeny
August 4th, 2009, 08:50 PM
You will need to restore the windows MBR, the same as you would on a normal laptop or desktop, but in that situation you would normally use the windows install CD. I don't know how you can do it without a CD drive, but I imagine it must be possible to use a flash drive to do the same thing.

Failing that I presume you must have some form of recovery partition or flash drive that came with the machine, to enable you to restore things to the original settings as you bought it, so it may be that you will end up backing up your files and reinstalling the windows software from scratch.