PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install ubuntu without an internet connection

akalea
August 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
i am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 from a disk i just used on another computer. the other computer was completed a few months ago. i dont remember how long it took but it finished in under 1 hour. i did have an active internet connection. I am installing ubuntu using the same disk on another computer which has the same specs. when i install it, it asks for an internet connection. when i connected it, it installs with the ubuntu installer and in the same window then proceeds by downloading the ubuntu desktop. "downloading ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso. it says 8hrs remaining. i do not remember this step. I thought the disk might be bad so i made another but it gives me the same thing. any ideas?

i forgot to add that i am installing inside of windows.

Partyboi2
August 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hi, if you are using wubi to install Ubuntu you can stick the 'ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso' into the same folder as the wubi.exe file and then run wubi.exe. This should then use the iso to install Ubuntu rather then downloading another one.

akalea
August 4th, 2009, 11:38 AM
which exactly is the iso file? is it the entire zipped file?

Partyboi2
August 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
The iso file (ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso) is the image file that is downloaded and is uncompressed.