PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help - Top Panel Reversed

eakergd
August 4th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Hi. Linux Noob here - searched the forums, but came up blank...

Just a minor annoyance -- somehow I flipped my top panel so that the "Applications Places System" menu is on the right and the running apps tray is on the left. I can't figure out how I did it, or how to switch it back. Any help would be appreciated.

overdrank
August 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Hi. Linux Noob here - searched the forums, but came up blank...

Just a minor annoyance -- somehow I flipped my top panel so that the "Applications Places System" menu is on the right and the running apps tray is on the left. I can't figure out how I did it, or how to switch it back. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome, if you right click on the applications, you should be given the choices lock to panel. If you uncheck this then you will be able to select move. Then place it where you like. Same for the others on the panel :)

eakergd
August 4th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Tried that, but it only allows me to move things within that half of the panel -- for instance, I can switch "applications" with "system", but I can't move the whole "applications places system" part of the panel to the other side of the bar.

wojox
August 4th, 2009, 04:11 AM
What install are you using ubuntu, xubuntu, kubuntu?

eakergd
August 4th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Ubuntu 9.04

synapsys
August 4th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Try right clicking in the area on the panel where you want the menu bar to appear. Then choose 'add to panel' Then choose 'menu bar' and click the 'add' button. Then you can remove the other menu bar.

Note: If you are trying to move an item with 'locked' items in the way, they will be blocked.

eakergd
August 4th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Try right clicking in the area on the panel where you want the menu bar to appear. Then choose 'add to panel' Then choose 'menu bar' and click the 'add' button. Then you can remove the other menu bar.

Note: If you are trying to move an item with 'locked' items in the way, they will be blocked.
Thanks Synapsis. I finally rebuilt the whole menu bar that way, but it seems wierd that it would get reversed like that. I thought things like that only happened in *******. :-)