PDA

View Full Version : Anti Kindle DRM petition

drascus
August 4th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Hello fellow FOSS supporters. There is a Petition out to try and force Amazon to remove DRM from it's Kindle and to stop all the horrible things they have been doing to their users recently. Like disabling functionality, Spying, and deleting users books without permission. please head over to the article http://www.defectivebydesign.org/amazon1984 and consider signing it.

thank you all

juancarlospaco
August 4th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I don't understand the Kindle thingy, sounds impossible to buy outside of United States.
(expensive i mean)
:(

starcannon
August 4th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I'm just anti-kindle in general. They are overpriced, and overly specialized. Get a netbook instead :)

Technoviking
August 4th, 2009, 03:17 AM
I have a Kindle 2 and I enjoy it greatly. The e-ink is easy on the eyes. As for DRM, I'm yet to buy a book, I'm either still reading free e-books offered from Amazon, or Public domain books.

I plan to write Amazon regularly as a consumer of the product about the problem with DRM.

T-V

JillSwift
August 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM
I've already let Amazon know that I was about to buy a Kindle 2 when news of their sloppy handling of DRM and customer issues chased me away.

Which is too bad... I've given the original Kindle a looking at, and that electronic paper technology is so very nice.