PDA

View Full Version : if apple had a search engine....

Mateo
August 3rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
The following searches would return 0 results: google, blackberry, bing, itunes alternative, jailbreak, zune, gecko.

Advertisers kicked out the ad program would be required to refund everyone who clicked on their ads.

magmon
August 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
The following searches would return 0 results: google, blackberry, bing, itunes alternative, jailbreak, zune, gecko.

Advertisers kicked out the ad program would be required to refund everyone who clicked on their ads.

SWEET, excuse me while I go click outdated links.

schauerlich
August 4th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Is there a point to this thread? Do you feel better about yourself now that you got that out?

Mateo
August 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Is there a point to this thread? Do you feel better about yourself now that you got that out?

no, but now i feel better that it got you worked up.

schauerlich
August 4th, 2009, 12:27 AM

Right.

If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice.

tubezninja
August 4th, 2009, 12:30 AM

There are plenty of Apple discussion forums you can troll in if this was your intent. Oh, wait, they'd clobber you over the head with that blasted Common Sense people keep talking about. :D

schauerlich
August 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
There are plenty of Apple discussion forums you can troll in if this was your intent. Oh, wait, they'd clobber you over the head with that blasted Common Sense people keep talking about. :D

Common sense doesn't really happen much on most Apple discussion forums, sadly. Nor does it on any forum geared towards certain users, as they inevitably attract fanboys.

magmon
August 4th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Common sense doesn't really happen much on most Apple discussion forums, sadly. Nor does it on any forum geared towards certain users, as they inevitably attract fanboys.

Common sense isn't common at all. Things that are obvious to those with it are confusing to 90% of the population xD

MasterNetra
August 4th, 2009, 12:53 AM
if apple had a search engine....

...I would never use it. :P

andras artois
August 4th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Apple would never make a search engine. Their customer base is farrr to superior to require such a thing. All they need is 1 button and a flashy looking case and pretty looking GUI.

DeadSuperHero
August 4th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Apple would never make a search engine. Their customer base is farrr to superior to require such a thing. All they need is 1 button and a flashy looking case and pretty looking GUI.

They used to say that about the rumors that Apple was making a mobile phone...

Sporkman
August 4th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Using their mouse is like wearing a mitten!

.Maleficus.
August 4th, 2009, 01:54 AM
<Adam Sessler voice>
This thread scores 2 trollface.jpg's, out of 5.
</Adam Sessler voice>

Mateo
August 4th, 2009, 12:22 PM

yes! There would be no text box in Apple's search engine. Just one button that says "find". Apple will direct you to preapproved websites that you might like.

amitabhishek
August 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
^^^lol!!!

All they need is 1 button and a flashy looking case and pretty looking GUI.

And iTunes just to load that freaking page :)!

Giant Speck
August 4th, 2009, 12:27 PM
They used to say that about the rumors that Apple was making a mobile phone...

And about the rumors they were coming out with a second generation of said phone...

... and a third generation ...

... and a fourth generation ...

I personally don't see a problem with Apple trying to get into the web business. But I doubt they'd go far. I mean, Google has such a tight grip on the majority market share that Microsoft and Yahoo! have to combine their efforts in order to survive in that market.

LowSky
August 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
they already have a search engine,

http://www.apple.com/search/?q=linux

LOL

vishzilla
August 4th, 2009, 03:11 PM
they already have a search engine,

http://www.apple.com/search/?q=linux

LOL

how come i see only apple related results :)

check this out http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/04/apple_search_engine/

Johnsie
August 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I can't help but participate in this flamebait thread... If apple were an ISP they would probably be like AOL. There would be no Google on Apples Internet.