PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help desktop shrinks on boot up, pionter will miss

davev8app
August 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hi in the last 6 weeks i have put 8.10 on 2 old hard drives and every thing worked out of the box both times Evan my dvd burner will see a dvd which it never did with XP, the best hassle free installs ever!!! and i love my cube, so decided to do a duel boot on a brand new 500 gig drive yesterday but i found after the install ubuntu did not work very smooth with freezes etc it reminded me of Windows ME. then i did a up date today with aprox 350 of them. which after i find as it almost finish booting, the desk top shrinks with a 40mm black border but the pointer will only click on something if i put the pointer where it would be on full size screen and not where the item is i wont to click on, seems to be.I guess it a problem with 1 of the up dates but i have no clue as 350 was installed.
I am on the same graphics driver as before.
Also the windows i installed agenst my better judgment was windows 7 black edition form rockers international team any help much appreciated
thanks Dave

davev8app
August 3rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Hi in the last 6 weeks i have put 8.10 on 2 old hard drives and every thing worked out of the box both times Evan my dvd burner will see a dvd which it never did with XP, the best hassle free installs ever!!! and i love my cube, so decided to do a duel boot on a brand new 500 gig drive yesterday but i found after the install ubuntu did not work very smooth with freezes etc it reminded me of Windows ME. then i did a up date today with aprox 350 of them. which after i find as it almost finish booting, the desk top shrinks with a 40mm black border but the pointer will only click on something if i put the pointer where it would be on full size screen and not where the item is i wont to click on, seems to be.I guess it a problem with 1 of the up dates but i have no clue as 350 was installed.
I am on the same graphics driver as before.
Also the windows i installed agenst my better judgment was windows 7 black edition form rockers international team any help much appreciated
thanks Dave

overdrank
August 4th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Threads merged. :)