PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Newbie question opening bin files

ubtguitarist
August 3rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
I am currently trying to install openbravo pos but have run into a bit of trouble. The installaion guide is a bit vague about how to uncompress the bin file to run the installer for an ubuntu command prompt newbie like me. I just dont the commands yet. the name of the file is openbravopos-2.30-linux-installer.bin and it is located on my desktop. how would i go about finding it in terminal and installing it. The installation process is supposed to be pretty easy its just getting to it that stumps me.

lisati
August 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm assuming that you downloaded the file to your desktop.
From the terminal, type in the following (copy and paste should work):

cd Desktop
chmod +X openbravopos-2.30-linux-installer.bin
./openbravopos-2.30-linux-installer.bin

ubtguitarist
August 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
I tried what you suggested but i'm getting an error

~/Desktop$ ./openbravopos-2.30-linux-installer.bin
bash: ./openbravopos-2.30-linux-installer.bin: Permission denied

maybe you could help me out interpreting the install guide?

Download and install Openbravo POS

The installers are very simple to follow and the binary package just needs to be opened with your favourite uncompressor and extract all files to an empty folder.

Run it!

The first time Openbravo POS starts and there isn't a database, it display a warning alerting that it has found an empty database. If you click OK, Openbravo POS will create for you the database structure necessary to run.

On Linux

Installer

In Gnome go to Applications -> Office -> Openbravo POS or just execute openbravopos command in a command line.
Binary Package

Execute sh start.sh.
In linux you first need to add execution permissions to the files start.sh and configure.sh to do this execute the following commands:
chmod +x start.sh
chmod +x configure.sh

Thanks in advance if you guys can help me, as i am a complete ubuntu noob

ubtguitarist
August 5th, 2009, 03:51 AM
bump