PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] compizconfig-settings-manager and keeping more than 1 window above

v1nsai
August 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
I'm using cairo-dock as my top dock and awn as my taskbar, so I want both of them to stay above all other windows and the gnome panel (yes I'm still using that too) but when I tried just clicking the '+' next to 'Above' in Window Rules, it adds Awn so the line looks like this

(class=Cairo-dock) & class=Awn

This actually makes neither of them work. By removing the paranthesis from cairo dock I was able to make that one work again, but I still can't figure out how to add Awn. Could anyone show me how I would write this? I've tried all sorts of different combos of &'s and commas and semicolons but nothing has worked I figure someone has probably already had and solved this problem before anyway

v1nsai
August 6th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Bumping, still haven't figured it out. I think I'm going to submit a bug report too, the program tries to add other classes but it breaks the whole line when it does.

v1nsai
August 8th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Well, submitted a bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compizconfig-settings-manager/+bug/410438) but I have to wonder if I'm the only one getting this and if maybe there's just something wrong on my end. This is still a pretty new install so I don't know what to call it.

Sanemind
August 23rd, 2009, 12:24 AM
You need to change the & to |

(class=Cairo-dock) & class=AwnOnly

would match a window that has both class Cairo-dock AND class Awn, which is clearly impossible! It's like saying if X=1 and X=2 at the same time, a logical impossibility. I mean, this is second grade logic ;)

You want to use the OR operator, not the AND operator, which is the vertical bar. '|', not the ampersand '&'.

So change it to:
class=Cairo-dock | class=Awn

and you'll be fine.

v1nsai
August 23rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
I see what you're saying, that makes sense. I was thinking of it in terms of a command instead of a regex, good call thanks a bunch for responding.