PDA

View Full Version : UNR on Tablet PC

Zuke24
August 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Ubuntu (and Linux in general) but have been loving it so far! I have a Lenovo X61 Tablet with Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit on it.

So far, I've been able to configure the screen rotation, mobile broadband, vpn, touchscreen, fingerprint recognition, RDP, and I've got a list of other things to tackle too. I was thinking this would all be easier from the Netbook Remix UI, though! So I installed the package, and I was very surprised to find that it didn't work so well on my system. I've installed it on a Dell Mini9 and it works flawlessly. Somehow, on my tablet with 4 times as much power, it doesn't.

When moving between tabs, the icons of the previous tab suddenly sit on top of the icons of the new tab. When you do launch an application, it somehow gets hidden behind everything else, and parts of the screen turn black. As I move the mouse around the screen, interactive buttons (such as OK, Cancel, Exit)will start to pop up. Screen rotation flat out doesn't exist while in NBR.

Is there a way to get this UI to work smoothly on a tablet? It's much more suited to using my finger/stylus than the normal Ubuntu desktop. Thanks!

Zuke24
August 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM
bump?

Brandon Williams
August 6th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Are you using compiz or metacity as your window manager? The UNR interface doesn't play well with compiz from what I hear, so if you're using compiz, this could be the issue.