PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Screensaver won't activate

hihihi100
August 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hi there:

I don't know if the following problem has to do with the graphics card configuration, or with any package i might have missed...

When I go to System-Preferences-Screensaver, at first sight, I cannot see the current screensaver, I have to "Preview" it to see the effects the screensaver does.

But, if I leave the laptop untouched for the 5 minutes it needs to be idle, the screensaver doesn't appear... the screen turns black, and the laptop blocks itself, and all I can do i reset it...

Any suggestions?

Nvidia driver 180.44

Thx

ajgreeny
August 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
What screensaver are you using? I have found one or two, can't remember which, that stop my machine dead, even using the preview button to see the screensaver, freezes everything including the keyboard, so a hard reboot is the only answer. Perhaps it happens whichever screensaver you choose, in which case it must be a different problem, but see if this is any help to you.

hihihi100
August 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
The problematic screensaver, so far, is Fieldlines, it totally blocks the OS, however, the previous screensaver, Fiberlamp, runs smoothly... Any idea why this happens? Could it be the graphics card? maybe some graphics drivers?

Maybe my graphic cards just cannot support Fieldlines, (nah, it doesnt make sense.. I can still preview Fieldlines screensaver...