PDA

View Full Version : Mac OSX app launcher for gnome

hen3rz
January 29th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Anyone know where i can find a gnome program that will act similar to the osx app launcher (the one that sits on the bottom of the screen and pops up when u put ur mouse over it?)

commodore
January 29th, 2006, 08:18 AM
There's one in gdesklets. I think it's called app launcher or something.

hen3rz
January 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Ive tried that but *I think* you can only access it when ur on the desktop.. Is there a way it can pop up on a key press or a mouse over?

drummer
January 29th, 2006, 11:55 AM
There's also engage, which is actually a part of the Enlightenment17 DE, but can be run in gnome. Search the forums for it, I used it a while back and have posted in various places about it.

poofyhairguy
January 30th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Starterbar. Thats the one you want.

Iandefor
January 30th, 2006, 08:06 AM
There's also engage, which is actually a part of the Enlightenment17 DE, but can be run in gnome. Search the forums for it, I used it a while back and have posted in various places about it. Engage is a wriggly, nasty Banshee of a piece of software to configure. But it's quite good, once configuration has been taken care of.

drummer
January 30th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Engage is a wriggly, nasty Banshee of a piece of software to configure. But it's quite good, once configuration has been taken care of.Yes, I can attest to that. It can be time consuming to set up properly... but sweet looking once it goes.