PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] fglrx 8.632 problem with DKMS?

ENatanael
August 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
I've now tried so many times and messed up almost as many so I feel like I have to ask.
I'm trying to install the proprietary ATI driver version 8.632 on Ubuntu Jaunty 64 using a custom real time kernel (2.6.29.6-rt23). I have now been able to install it, but at startup it says something like "DKMS auto installation ... fglrx [fail]" and flgrx info and glxinfo both give the same error message:

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 135 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 14
Current serial number in output stream: 14

Scrolling webpages and moving windows is choppy. Starting Savage 2 (which is what I've choosen for testing the drivers gives almost the same error as above:

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Serial number of failed request: 23
Current serial number in output stream: 23

When I try to start my other kernels now (2.6.28-14-generic and 2.6.28-11-generic) all I get is a black screen which locks and I have to manually shutdown the computer.

My graphics card is the ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4570 on a Dell Studio 1555 (laptop).

joezamboni
September 24th, 2009, 12:52 AM
fglrx is no longer relevent

ENatanael
September 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
For me the problem fixed itself with the newer driver (9.8 aka 8.64). I have not tried the newest one (9.9 aka 8.65).

g-raf
September 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I've had the same problem, with the same choppyness and same thing in the terminal when i type "fglrxinfo," i get
Serial number of failed request: 14
Current serial number in output stream: 14

I have a Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series, using the rt kernel on Ubuntu Studio 9.04.

g-raf
September 25th, 2009, 01:30 PM
For me the problem fixed itself with the newer driver (9.8 aka 8.64). I have not tried the newest one (9.9 aka 8.65).

I just tried installing 9.8 and had the same results.