PDA

View Full Version : Who here wears Ubuntu Clothing?

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Just curious as to how many people here wear the Ubuntu clothing from Ubuntu's store. Do you have a piece? Multiple pieces? Or all the clothing accessories + more? :p :popcorn:

JillSwift
August 3rd, 2009, 04:58 AM
I have one of the hoodies (https://usshop.ubuntu.com/product.php?code=09%2014001BN&catid=1).

lisati
August 3rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
I have an Ubuntu lanyard for my MP3 player. The last time I had some spare money I forgot about the Ubuntu shop, and bought some DVDs

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
I have one of the hoodies (https://usshop.ubuntu.com/product.php?code=09%2014001BN&catid=1).

Cool I plan on getting a hat and T-Shirt someday ^.^ and maybe a hoodie. ... Is it comfy?

JillSwift
August 3rd, 2009, 05:03 AM
Cool I plan on getting a hat and T-Shirt someday ^.^ and maybe a hoodie. ... Is it comfy?
I like it. It's really nice quality, imo. After a few washes it got particularly cuddly soft.

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 05:07 AM
I like it. It's really nice quality, imo. After a few washes it got particularly cuddly soft.

lol, Could get one I suppose, wash a few times and make it cuddly soft then give it to a future Girlfriend as a present. ^.^

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 05:19 AM

Oh also what detergent did ya use?

JillSwift
August 3rd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Oh also what detergent did ya use?
Gain.
I'm pretty sure what got it fluffy was a run through the dryer with a pair of "dryer balls (http://www.amazon.com/Dryer-Magic-Fluff-Balls-Balls/dp/B001EIW1SG/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1)". (Don't use these on your clothes regularly, they're rough on the fibers.)

...am I really giving out laundry advice on the Ubuntu community forums? #-o

gnomeuser
August 3rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
I have the polo with the stitched logo, the only really high quality article available. I wore it at my last interview and actually got the comment "so you're an open source person?".

JillSwift
August 3rd, 2009, 05:39 AM
I have the polo with the stitched logo, the only really high quality article available. I wore it at my last interview and actually got the comment "so you're an open source person?".
Heh. Is it me, or does it seem like the only appropriate response is "Yes. You can download my source code on http://sourceforge.net/gnomeuser/"? :D

chucky chuckaluck
August 3rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
do they make kneepads?

schauerlich
August 3rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
do they make kneepads?

I like to garden, I could use some of those.

Blu Fox
August 3rd, 2009, 07:04 AM

o_o
do want!

Dragonbite
August 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
I love getting comment when I wear my Ubuntu baseball cap. Haven't gotten any lately but have gotten "Do you Ubuntu?" as well as "what is 'Ubuntu'?"

Either way it's a great way to connect with fellow Linux users or a chance to talk with people about Linux.

It's also distinct enough to make it easy for my kids to pick me out of a crowd. :)

Anxious Nut
August 3rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Till now i have none, BUT planing to. Currently im thinking of making my own customized clothes!

Giant Speck
August 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
I don't really like wearing clothes with logos or words on them. :?

Naiki Muliaina
August 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Ive got a hoodie too. Good quality, i like it.

keplerspeed
August 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
I have a tux shirt, but I would like a ubuntu polo. Wouldnt be a bad look.

kk0sse54
August 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't touch any sort of linux branded clothing even with a 10 foot pole

Cammy
August 3rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
All the shirts and hoodies say "Mens". :(

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
do they make kneepads?

Unfortunately no, they sell backpacks,labtop cases, hats, hoodies, shirts, a fleece jacket, and a who bunch of other stuff. ^.^ Just check out there store. You can access it through Ubuntu.com ^.^

Theres women's shirts.
- Organic Circle of Friends Ladies T-shirt
- Ladies T-Shirt (Black)
- I Do it with Ubuntu Ladies T-shirt
- Ubuntu Side-print Ladies T-shirt
- Launchpad Ladies T-Shirt
- Intrepid Ladies T-Shirt
And the hoodies & jacket I believe are Universal.

.Maleficus.
August 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Ubuntu/Linux clothes? Do not want.

khelben1979
August 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
No.

Ericj1186
August 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
I got a shirt for my girlfriend and I and a hat. I love the hat. It's the exact type and style that I love to wear.

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm surprised no ones done this thread+poll before. ^.^

wrtpeeps
August 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Where is the poll option for "Wouldn't be seen dead in such cheap looking geek clothes."

In all seriousness, wouldn't wear any sort of computer related clothing because it all looks cheap and rubbish, and you look like a tool in it.

Nevon
August 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
If they would sell a plain black shoulder bag large enough to fit a 17 (or at least 15) inch laptop, with just the Ubuntu logo on, I would so buy it!

swoll1980
August 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
I can't afford Ubuntu clothing right now.

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
If they would sell a plain black shoulder bag large enough to fit a 17 (or at least 15) inch laptop, with just the Ubuntu logo on, I would so buy it!

Well though its not black there is this: https://usshop.ubuntu.com/product.php?code=09%2041000&catid=2

And in the international shop there is: http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=393 . I don't know if it will fit a 17 inch labtop though.

Where is the poll option for "Wouldn't be seen dead in such cheap looking geek clothes."

In all seriousness, wouldn't wear any sort of computer related clothing because it all looks cheap and rubbish, and you look like a tool in it.

If you read one of the earlier posts, there was someone who talked about her Ubuntu hoodie, which wasn't rubbish. So looks can be deceiving.

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
*Removed Accidental Double Post*

Confuzius
August 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
My girlfriend got me a Tux polo shirt for Christmas. I like that it's subtle enough that generally only fellow geeks will recognize it, other than that I've gotten a few "cute penguin" remarks on it.

I generally avoid branded or logo'd clothing of any type though.

Nevon
August 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
And in the international shop there is: http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=393 . I don't know if it will fit a 17 inch labtop though.

There is a 17" version which I have looked at. I do want it, but it's just a little bit too expensive. 30 euros is slightly above my price limit. Maybe I will buy it anyway though, as I really could use a laptop bag.

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
There is a 17" version which I have looked at. I do want it, but it's just a little bit too expensive. 30 euros is slightly above my price limit. Maybe I will buy it anyway though, as I really could use a laptop bag.

Plus if you think about, by buying the Ubuntu case your also helping support Ubuntu. ^.^

Technoviking
August 3rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
I got quite a few tshirts and polos I wear. I have many people come up to me when I wear Ubuntu gear and comment how much they love Ubuntu.

alexandari
August 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
man I want them to make a Kubuntu hoodie so bad...

Dragonbite
August 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM

When a couple of us did a presentation at the computer club meeting, Canonical supplied us with a few raffle giveaways and this was one of them.

Pretty nice, though was for a 15" laptop I think (I have a 12" laptop) but pretty cool.

The guy who got it was pleased though. He said he had just started using Ubuntu a few months prior! :)

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
man I want them to make a Kubuntu hoodie so bad...

lol I'm waiting for them to do pants and shoes! :p

drawkcab
August 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
I have the brown, zip down hoody. It isn't great but I wear it a lot to support canonical.

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
I have the brown, zip down hoody. It isn't great but I wear it a lot to support canonical.

Could try wishing it multiple times with gain and throwing in a dryer ball for it like JillSwift did (see post 8 ) and see if its any better for it. ^.^

dragos240
August 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
I have a home made ubuntu shirt. It rockz.

MasterNetra
August 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I have a home made ubuntu shirt. It rockz.

What does it look like?

MasterNetra
August 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM
?

jonabyte
August 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I bought the fleece jacket last fall and wore it most of the winter.
:D

markp1989
August 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I dont have any clothing, but i have a key ring, mug,mousemat, and notepad,

I saw the clothing, but didnt really like any. (i havnt looked in like 2 years)

MasterNetra
August 4th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I dont have any clothing, but i have a key ring, mug,mousemat, and notepad,

I saw the clothing, but didnt really like any. (i havnt looked in like 2 years)

Atm the international shop has more. ^.^ Idk if the US Shop's updating has been finished or not though.

ubudog
August 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I have the Ubuntu Beanie hat. Nice and cozy :)

MasterNetra
August 4th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I have the Ubuntu Beanie hat. Nice and cozy :)

Yea they look cool. ^.^

Sockerdrickan
August 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I want the chocolate baseball cap but its out of stock :P oh well

XubuRoxMySox
August 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Got a hat and a lanyard. The hoodies were out of stock at the time and I never got around to ordering one later. Think I'll do it now. Thanks for the reminder, OP!

-Robin

Katalog
August 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I have a hat, a couple of t-shirts and I just got a (formerly limited edition) Jaunty Jackalope t-shirt last week.

Katalog
August 5th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Atm the international shop has more. ^.^ Idk if the US Shop's updating has been finished or not though.

I certainly hope they do update it. I'd love to have one of those Ubuntu thumb drives, and they have a couple of t-shirts that are much cooler than the ones in the US store.

wgarider
August 5th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I don't have anything but my wife has a couple of the shirts....she likes them. They seem to be good quality.

sanderella
August 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I've got one of the rare 'Linux for Ladies' Tshirts. No you can't have it, it would be too small for you.:popcorn:

hessiess
August 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I don't wear branded clothing.

razorboy5
August 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM
i'm not familiar with Ubuntu Clothing Store will check it out and see if it's available in Canada

rocking the Ubuntu hopefully in a few weeks

Warpnow
August 5th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I would prefer more non-distro-specific linux wearables.

starcannon
August 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I bought a hat, traded it to a friend for a different hat, and now need to buy another hat.

Stevie78
August 5th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Ill put in an order next month I think (for a couple of T-shirts) :KS

heroidi
August 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I can't afford Ubuntu clothing right now.

same here but in the future i would buy.

MasterNetra
August 5th, 2009, 11:03 PM
i'm not familiar with Ubuntu Clothing Store will check it out and see if it's available in Canada

rocking the Ubuntu hopefully in a few weeks

If not you could always rent a P.O. Box in the USA if your close enough to the border. :p

And yay over 100 votes. ^.^

georgegerm
August 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM

nice comment but did you get the job,,,????
i hope so
but do recommend for most jobs a tie and a jacket.....
and not an ubu shirt
i like polos myself will probably get one...
but i somehow always forget its a way to support ubu

ubudog
August 6th, 2009, 12:11 AM
About to get some stickers :)

MasterNetra
August 6th, 2009, 03:03 PM
About to get some stickers :)

lol stick them on cars in a mall parking lot. :p

ubudog
August 6th, 2009, 03:04 PM
lol stick them on cars in a mall parking lot. :p

:lolflag:

MasterNetra
August 6th, 2009, 03:53 PM
:lolflag:

Put on those bumper stickers right above the license plate, lol the person would advertise it without realizing it. :p Of course you could also a flyer under the wiper blade (Just note on it that the advertisement isn't actually from Canonical, don't want to get them in trouble. ^.^)

ubudog
August 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Put on those bumper stickers right above the license plate, lol the person would advertise it without realizing it. :p Of course you could also a flyer under the wiper blade (Just note on it that the advertisement isn't actually from Canonical, don't want to get them in trouble. ^.^)

:lolflag: :lolflag:

MasterNetra
August 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Anyone gotten the mousepad yet?

ubudog
August 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Anyone gotten the mousepad yet?

I may get that too.

MasterNetra
August 6th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I may get that too.

I was gonna get it along with a usb wireless adapter & a 8GB Usb drive, when I thought someone who owns me $50, was gonna deliver $50, but he was only able to deliver $20 so I ended up purchasing a 4GB Drive & the wireless adapter (The wireless adapter had its priced marked down as part of a event it ended today thus the rush), the pad will come later.

the8thstar
August 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
My wife in her greatness offered me the t-shirt, the cap and the pin! I'm glad she encourages my geekiness!

MasterNetra
August 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM
My wife in her greatness offered me the t-shirt, the cap and the pin! I'm glad she encourages my geekiness!

I can only hope I find someone like that. :p

ubudog
August 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Me too. :)

MikeTheC
August 7th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Maybe we should start up a movement to get people to attend conventions wearing nothing but Ubuntu / Linux-themed body paint. :shock:

MasterNetra
August 7th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Maybe we should start up a movement to get people to attend conventions wearing nothing but Ubuntu / Linux-themed body paint. :shock:

*listens to the crickets chirp* :lolflag:

Giant Speck
August 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Body paint reminds me of that Air New Zealand commerical...

Mmm... the brunette...

Dragonbite
August 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM

That's only viable while it's Summertime here! Winter's awful! :)

MasterNetra
August 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
that's only viable while it's summertime here! Winter's awful! :)

+1

Katalog
August 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM

I can only hope I find someone like that. :p

I must be double lucky. Not only does my spouse buy me Linux clothing, she also buys me geeky gadgets like binary watches, and to top it all off she is also an Ubuntu user herself! :)

MasterNetra
August 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I must be double lucky. Not only does my spouse buy me Linux clothing, she also buys me geeky gadgets like binary watches, and to top it all off she is also an Ubuntu user herself! :)

Nice!

georgegerm
August 8th, 2009, 02:07 AM

good idea i second it as long as i get to paint all the lady ubu fans... sorry male geeks will have to find help somewere else
therefore i humbly submit my services as an expirienced (lie) female body painter to the ubu convention brotherhood, amen!:P

i do have a real question,, how is the ubu polo material ?? i have a very strong allergy to many cotton fabrics.. any comments ??

MasterNetra
August 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM
good idea i second it as long as i get to paint all the lady ubu fans... sorry male geeks will have to find help somewere else
therefore i humbly submit my services as an expirienced (lie) female body painter to the ubu convention brotherhood, amen!:P

i do have a real question,, how is the ubu polo material ?? i have a very strong allergy to many cotton fabrics.. any comments ??

I think they might be cotton...

MasterNetra
August 11th, 2009, 09:07 PM

MrJoeyUK
August 11th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I was thinking of getting a Ubuntu beanie or something.. don't think I'd get much else though.

MasterNetra
August 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I was thinking of getting a Ubuntu beanie or something.. don't think I'd get much else though.

What about the mouse pad? it looks pretty cool ^.^

Katalog
August 12th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I just wish there wasn't so much disparity between the U.S. and European stores. There are so many cool thing on the Euro store that I can't touch. They sent me a survery about the store a couple of days ago and I let them have it with both barrels in the comments. I just hope somebody actually reads that stuff. :P

Oh, and my next purchase is going to be the hoodie. Should arrive just in time for the windy fall to hit down here in Southern Oregon. That and a raft of Ubuntu CDs since I'm getting tired of burning so darn many ISOs to hand out at local events.

georgegerm
August 12th, 2009, 04:53 AM

thanks.......
any one with a bit more specs ??

MikeTheC
August 12th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I've decided due to budget cuts to off-shore my clothes-wearing activities.

Dragonbite
August 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Since at work we have relaxed (at least for the summer) our dress code from shirts and ties to polos or shirts without ties I am considering a polo with the Ubuntu logo on it, except I'd prefer white instead of fawn or black. Though, the other colors look pretty good too.

Katalog
August 13th, 2009, 12:22 AM

thanks.......
any one with a bit more specs ??

Why don't you just submit an inquiry to the Canonical Shop and ask them?

http://shop.canonical.com/contact_us.php

hoppipolla
August 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I really want one of those cool tees with Ubuntu written up one side! But then I'd also love an Amarok tee! hehe :)

georgegerm
August 14th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Why don't you just submit an inquiry to the Canonical Shop and ask them?

http://shop.canonical.com/contact_us.php

good idea

MasterNetra
August 14th, 2009, 04:35 AM
I really want one of those cool tees with Ubuntu written up one side! But then I'd also love an Amarok tee! hehe :)

Why not get both! ^.^

MasterNetra
August 16th, 2009, 03:32 AM
*pushes for 200 votes. ^.^*

Frak
August 16th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I only wear Microsoft brand clothing. Only the best!

macogw
August 16th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I wear some Ubuntu clothing, but it's not from the store. I lost my Ubuntu hoodie that an old boyfriend got me from the Ubuntu Store. It was too big anyway. Men's medium or larger :( What about us women? I mean, yeah if you wear a women's large it'd work, but jeez...some of us wear women's medium or small or petite sizes.

I have two UDS shirts from UDS Barcelona (one crew shirt, one regular) and an "Ubuntu Guru" shirt from the conference pack. Oh, I also have an Ubuntu backpack that my boyfriend got me from the Ubuntu Store.

macogw
August 16th, 2009, 06:41 AM

No thank you.

macogw
August 16th, 2009, 07:12 AM

There used to be one women's shirt. Disappointing, isn't it? In Ubuntu Women we're talking about getting Ubuntu Women shirts printed. One of the ladies owns a computer company that sometimes sells t-shirts, so she's offering to print them.

3rdalbum
August 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I'm currently wearing one of the camel-coloured Ubuntu caps, and I also own a hoodie. I really want some more Ubuntu gear :-)

lisati
August 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
There used to be one women's shirt. Disappointing, isn't it? In Ubuntu Women we're talking about getting Ubuntu Women shirts printed. One of the ladies owns a computer company that sometimes sells t-shirts, so she's offering to print them.

<aside>I suppose it can depend on what it is, but Mrs Lisati has been known to "borrow" my clothes (usually t-shirts) from time to time. She even managed to put a hole in a pair of hand-knitted bed-socks that my grandmother had kintted! That was "difficuly" when I realised, and thankfully it didn't end in a free ride in a police car.....if memory serves the worst that happened was a major rant.</aside>

speedwell68
August 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I have a hooded jacket and a T-shirt. They are both good quality and I saw it as a way of putting something back into the project/community I have taken so much from.

Muppeteer
August 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
The poll is missing an option:

"No, i'm not that much of a geek! C'mon!"

Sand & Mercury
August 16th, 2009, 02:24 PM
As much as I like Ubuntu I'd feel like a bit of a loser walking around with clothing with its branding.

gOLdenHaWK3D
August 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM
They dont sell it around here in India!!! Importing from the USA is very expensive :(

MasterNetra
August 16th, 2009, 11:21 PM
They dont sell it around here in India!!! Importing from the USA is very expensive :(

They have a international shop which I did mention about earlier in this thread.

I wear some Ubuntu clothing, but it's not from the store. I lost my Ubuntu hoodie that an old boyfriend got me from the Ubuntu Store. It was too big anyway. Men's medium or larger :( What about us women? I mean, yeah if you wear a women's large it'd work, but jeez...some of us wear women's medium or small or petite sizes.

I have two UDS shirts from UDS Barcelona (one crew shirt, one regular) and an "Ubuntu Guru" shirt from the conference pack. Oh, I also have an Ubuntu backpack that my boyfriend got me from the Ubuntu Store.

The international shop has multiple shirts for ladies. For whatever reason the US shop is REALLY lacking in merchandise. I'll probably buy from the international shop at some point.

JillSwift
August 17th, 2009, 01:11 AM
As much as I like Ubuntu I'd feel like a bit of a loser walking around with clothing with its branding.
I assume, then, you see all those walking around with all manner of other branding on their clothing as being "a bit of a loser"?

Katalog
August 17th, 2009, 02:45 AM

Why? And I mean this as a serious question. People have no problem walking around wearing clothing with branding on it all the time, whether it be the manufacturer (Tommy Hilfiger, etc.), their favorite band, or whatever. I'd feel more like a tool wearing clothes with some designer's logo on it than I would wearing something with the Ubuntu logo/name on it. I'm proud to advertise my support for FOSS and Linux. But, that's just one guy's opinion.

MasterNetra
August 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
i assume, then, you see all those walking around with all manner of other branding on their clothing as being "a bit of a loser"?

why? And i mean this as a serious question. People have no problem walking around wearing clothing with branding on it all the time, whether it be the manufacturer (tommy hilfiger, etc.), their favorite band, or whatever. I'd feel more like a tool wearing clothes with some designer's logo on it than i would wearing something with the ubuntu logo/name on it. I'm proud to advertise my support for foss and linux. But, that's just one guy's opinion.

+1

The poll is missing an option:

"No, i'm not that much of a geek! C'mon!"

Thats what the "Heck no, that crap makes me itch." option is for. :p

23meg
August 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I have four UDS shirts (two regular, two "CREW"), from the Prague and Barcelona summits, and the Ubuntu Qt shirt (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3966). I don't wear them.

macogw
August 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I have four UDS shirts (two regular, two "CREW"), from the Prague and Barcelona summits, and the Ubuntu QT shirt (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3966). I don't wear them.

Oooh yeah I forgot about the Qt shirt. Also: who are you? I realize there were a couple hundred people at UDS, but I imagine everybody ran into everybody else at least once.

23meg
August 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Oooh yeah I forgot about the Qt shirt. Also: who are you? I realize there were a couple hundred people at UDS, but I imagine everybody ran into everybody else at least once.

Hint: Forums-LP integration. I think we spoke briefly at the Audio Experience session (the two-hour one with Luke, Daniel and just a few more folks).

RabbitWho
August 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
if they sold stickers and badges I could buy through the lazer function on my bank card i'd be a very happy bunny.

macogw
August 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hint: Forums-LP integration. I think we spoke briefly at the Audio Experience session (the two-hour one with Luke, Daniel and just a few more folks).

Don't remember the former, but I'm pretty sure I was at the latter...was that the same session where the KDE folks and Daniel were arguing about PulseAudio and Gstreamer and how much they apparently fail on KDE (I use KDE but I don't notice this...it seems to work fine for me...)

23meg
August 25th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Don't remember the former, but I'm pretty sure I was at the latter...was that the same session where the KDE folks and Daniel were arguing about PulseAudio and Gstreamer and how much they apparently fail on KDE (I use KDE but I don't notice this...it seems to work fine for me...)

I don't remember any KDE talk, but that could be it; I may not have paid attention to that part since I'm mostly uninterested in KDE. It was in one of the two largest rooms; the one without glass doors, and people scattered to groups of three to five towards the end. I learned a few useful PulseAudio bug triage tricks from Daniel in there.

MasterNetra
August 26th, 2009, 04:33 AM
if they sold stickers and badges I could buy through the lazer function on my bank card i'd be a very happy bunny.

Lazer function?

macogw
August 26th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I don't remember any KDE talk, but that could be it; I may not have paid attention to that part since I'm mostly uninterested in KDE. It was in one of the two largest rooms; the one without glass doors, and people scattered to groups of three to five towards the end. I learned a few useful PulseAudio bug triage tricks from Daniel in there.
Yeah room 2 I think...near the front doors? Near the end rgreening and Riddell were on him about that stuff. Rod was talking about working with Daniel to get all the Gstreamer/Phonon stuff worked out.

23meg
August 26th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah room 2 I think...near the front doors?

Right, the big one where many videotaped sessions were.

Near the end rgreening and Riddell were on him about that stuff. Rod was talking about working with Daniel to get all the Gstreamer/Phonon stuff worked out.

I probably dropped into another group discussing other things. I liked how discussions could split up in an ad-hoc manner in the longer sessions when it became evident that not everyone was exactly motivated towards discussing the same facet of the matter.

lisati
August 28th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I'm in a good mood, my Ubuntu t-shirt just arrived. Mrs Lisati, who has gone out for the morning, doesn't know about it (yet).

MasterNetra
August 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I'm in a good mood, my Ubuntu t-shirt just arrived. Mrs Lisati, who has gone out for the morning, doesn't know about it (yet).

Congratz enjoy it while your alive! :lolflag:

lisati
August 28th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Congratz enjoy it while you're alive! :lolflag:

True!

Edit: Mrs Lisati took it well, and will let me live (for now)

Katalog
August 29th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Just got my hoody in day before yesterday. Talk about comfy!

The one thing I don't like: the Ubuntu lettering/logo are not embroidered (but I have a close friend who does professional embroidery that will take care of that for me at a significant discount). ;)

The one thing I love: besides being snuggly soft on the inside, the zipper is actually steel. That may not seem like a big deal, but most of the hoodies I've bought in the past few years came with nylon zippers that never failed to break or snag eventually. All in all a pretty nice deal for $29 (I love living in a state with no sales tax). :biggrin:

TheNosh
August 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM
as clothing goes it's not very expensive so i bought a shirt and a ski hat.

however i will likely never buy from the Canonical store again. i tried to buy Mixed Ubuntu Stickers(1 sheet) (http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=125&osCsid=16e56d8fbd05cd7002ed774a4572041f) (68 cents) and a wireless mouse which seems to be gone from the store now. i got the stickers in like a week with a notice saying that the mouse was on currently out of stock but they would have more soon so they had CANCELED the mouse from my order. yes that did need to be bolded capitalized and underlined because 8 dollars for shipping is WAY to much for a f***ing 68 cent item.

i sent them an email saying i would like my mouse when they get more because that's all i had wanted in the first place and i added the stickers to the order as an after thought because they were so cheap (not 8 dollars). they never got back to me.

i think i may get a red hat from Red Hat just because i like how literal that is, and the Ubuntu ski hat isn't long enough to cover my ears.

http://redhat.brandfuelstores.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_61

MasterNetra
August 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM

however i will likely never buy from the Canonical store again. i tried to buy Mixed Ubuntu Stickers(1 sheet) (http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=125&osCsid=16e56d8fbd05cd7002ed774a4572041f) (68 cents) and a wireless mouse which seems to be gone from the store now. i got the stickers in like a week with a notice saying that the mouse was on currently out of stock but they would have more soon so they had CANCELED the mouse from my order. yes that did need to be bolded capitalized and underlined because 8 dollars for shipping is WAY to much for a f***ing 68 cent item.

i sent them an email saying i would like my mouse when they get more because that's all i had wanted in the first place and i added the stickers to the order as an after thought because they were so cheap (not 8 dollars). they never got back to me.

i think i may get a red hat from Red Hat just because i like how literal that is, and the Ubuntu ski hat isn't long enough to cover my ears.

Sorry to hear that. Well I'm sure that 8 dollar shipping can't be helped. The shipping cost does need to be payed for. The size and/or weight, distance the item needs to travel, as well as courier rates, determines its shipping price not the product's retail cost unfortunately.

TheNosh
August 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. Well I'm sure that 8 dollar shipping can't be helped. The shipping cost does need to be payed for. The size and/or weight, distance the item needs to travel, as well as courier rates, determines its shipping price not the product's retail cost unfortunately.

thats true, but with most companies i've bought from online, when something from your order is on back-order they will send it when they get more in stock and cover the shipping for you.

by the way, thats what i was told would happen in an email they sent just after the order was placed. however a week or so later i got the stickers along with the notice that they had simply decided to cancel the mouse instead.

and if they simply can't get one of the items and the only remaining item is dis-proportionally cheap and inconsequential they should ask for confirmation that you still want the order if thats all you'll be receiving. instead they told me i would receive the mouse at a later date and then sent the stickers with a notice saying that would not happen. i sent an email asking about this and was given no response.

MasterNetra
August 29th, 2009, 04:00 PM
thats true, but with most companies i've bought from online, when something from your order is on back-order they will send it when they get more in stock and cover the shipping for you.

by the way, thats what i was told would happen in an email they sent just after the order was placed. however a week or so later i got the stickers along with the notice that they had simply decided to cancel the mouse instead.

and if they simply can't get one of the items and the only remaining item is dis-proportionally cheap and inconsequential they should ask for confirmation that you still want the order if thats all you'll be receiving. instead they told me i would receive the mouse at a later date and then sent the stickers with a notice saying that would not happen. i sent an email asking about this and was given no response.

True they should at least ask if you want to wait or cancel the mouse order. As for paying for the shipping due to back order, perhaps canonical isn't as financially secure as those other companies? I mean their best and primary product is provided free of charge after all. ^.^

TheNosh
August 29th, 2009, 04:25 PM
True they should at least ask if you want to wait or cancel the mouse order. As for paying for the shipping due to back order, perhaps canonical isn't as financially secure as those other companies? I mean their best and primary product is provided free of charge after all. ^.^

i'd settle for at least not being lied to. had their email i received right after i placed the order said "dude, you're not getting the mouse" instead of "you'll get the mouse later and not have to pay additional shipping" i would have just canceled the order then.

HappyFeet
August 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I make my own t-shirts and have one that says "ubuntu linux" and has the ubuntu logo. But I have not used the canonical store.

MasterNetra
August 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
i'd settle for at least not being lied to. had their email i received right after i placed the order said "dude, you're not getting the mouse" instead of "you'll get the mouse later and not have to pay additional shipping" i would have just canceled the order then.

Could of been a scripted response? I would think Customer service the those we actually deal with the order would be separate departments, and sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, or what its doing isn't clear or correctly understood. I wouldn't quit purchasing from canonical store unless this incident occured often. Mistakes happen they're human just like you and I. ^.^

Katalog
August 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Odd you should mention that. I had a very similar experience. I ordered two sticker sheets with my hoody and never got them. My email invoice said they had shipped, but when I got my package they weren't there. The paper invoice said they had been "backorder/canceled". How confusing is that? Were they backordered, or were they canceled? Which one is it? When I emailed customer support I got a reply back that the sticker sheets had been canceled (yet they still show as available in the store - so what the heck's going on there?). Took 3 days to hear back from them and the email response from customer service was pretty curt, almost to the point of being rude. I've always had good experiences with the Canonical store in the past, but this last experience has certainly put me off a bit.

bl33d
August 30th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ugh, no. Who wants to wear branded OS clothing?

kevdog
August 30th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I don't wear clothing:confused:

MasterNetra
August 30th, 2009, 12:15 AM

At least about 18% of those who took the poll. There are people who do. probably more then you think.

bl33d
August 30th, 2009, 12:18 AM
At least about 18% of those who took the poll. There are people who do. probably more then you think.

Kinda sad...

MasterNetra
August 30th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Kinda sad...

That isn't not factoring in the 50% who said they would get something. ^.^ So not necessarily.

ELD
August 30th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I have the ubuntu beanie

MasterNetra
August 30th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I have the ubuntu beanie

How is it?

ELD
August 30th, 2009, 12:37 AM
How is it?

Good quality, fits nice, can't ask for more.

MasterNetra
August 30th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Good quality, fits nice, can't ask for more.

Awesome! ^.^

TheNosh
August 30th, 2009, 02:05 AM
How is it?

doesn't cover my ears.

Groucho Marxist
August 30th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Just curious as to how many people here wear the Ubuntu clothing from Ubuntu's store. Do you have a piece? Multiple pieces? Or all the clothing accessories + more? :p :popcorn:

I plan on purchasing at least one shirt, with the possibility of a hoodie as well

lisati
August 30th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Kinda sad...

Why shouldn't we be able to be proud of our favourite OS?

JordyD
August 30th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Kinda sad...

If you wear your favorite band's clothing, should I say it's sad?

sdlynx
August 30th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'm quite interested in getting Ubuntu clothing! Maybe once I get a job and stop going to high school lol.

MasterNetra
August 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
If you wear your favorite band's clothing, should I say it's sad?

May as well. Sense I guess he thinks Branded clothing is sad. :P

ELD
August 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
May as well. Sense I guess he thinks Branded clothing is sad. :P

Yeah it is sad, i will just go to Primark, buy a £2 t-shirt and have it rip the next day.

Branded clothing more so than not means it will be of higher quality.

Katalog
August 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM

I do. I don't see it as any different than a skateboarder wearing a Goodwood or Deathwish tshirt , or someone who rides dirtbikes wearing a Fox Racing tshirt. What's so wrong with that? I just can't get past this notion some people have that it's acceptable to wear clothing advertising whatever you are into (favorite band, sports team, brand of skateboard, guitar, motorcycle, NASCAR, whatever) and that's OK, but if you're into an OS and wear clothing with their brand then it's not? It just seems so hypocritical.

Aside from that, I also see it as a part of advocating Ubuntu and FOSS. The companies that support Linux don't seem to be making much of an effort to advertise their product, so why not the people who use it? I wear my Ubuntu hat almost every time I go out, and you'd probably be surprised at how many times just doing that can be a conversation starter. People, for the most part, are unfamiliar with Ubuntu and Linux in general, they see my hat, get curious. ask what it means and we strike up a conversation about it. Occasionally I'll have someone who's interested enough after we've talked for a while that they want to find out more. So I potentially converted someone to Linux and all I did was wear (ugh) OS branded clothing.

MasterNetra
August 30th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I do. I don't see it as any different than a skateboarder wearing a Goodwood or Deathwish tshirt , or someone who rides dirtbikes wearing a Fox Racing tshirt. What's so wrong with that? I just can't get past this notion some people have that it's acceptable to wear clothing advertising whatever you are into (favorite band, sports team, brand of skateboard, guitar, motorcycle, NASCAR, whatever) and that's OK, but if you're into an OS and wear clothing with their brand then it's not? It just seems so hypocritical.

Aside from that, I also see it as a part of advocating Ubuntu and FOSS. The companies that support Linux don't seem to be making much of an effort to advertise their product, so why not the people who use it? I wear my Ubuntu hat almost every time I go out, and you'd probably be surprised at how many times just doing that can be a conversation starter. People, for the most part, are unfamiliar with Ubuntu and Linux in general, they see my hat, get curious. ask what it means and we strike up a conversation about it. Occasionally I'll have someone who's interested enough after we've talked for a while that they want to find out more. So I potentially converted someone to Linux and all I did was wear (ugh) OS branded clothing.

A good point! ^.^

Dragonbite
August 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM
So if I win a shirt or go to some convention and they are handing out free shirts I should say "no, I don't do branding"? What about pens? What about mousepads? What about jockey shorts?

Guess I better take off my Joe Boxers, though I suspect my co-workers won't be happy if I do it here in my cubicle!

Namtabmai
August 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know if the clothing in the Ubuntu store is fairtrade or not?

I assumed it would be but can't see anything specifically stating that.

Swagman
August 31st, 2009, 03:16 PM
ME (http://www.upload3r.com/serve/300809/1251669844.jpg)

MasterNetra
August 31st, 2009, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know if the clothing in the Ubuntu store is fairtrade or not?

I assumed it would be but can't see anything specifically stating that.

Fairtrade??

Namtabmai
August 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM
Fairtrade certification guarantees not only fair prices, but also the principles of ethical purchasing. These principles include adherence to ILO agreements such as those banning child and slave labour, guaranteeing a safe workplace and the right to unionise, adherence to the United Nations charter of human rights, a fair price that covers the cost of production and facilitates social development, and protection and conservation of the environment. The Fairtrade certification system also promotes long-term business relationships between buyers and sellers, crop prefinancing, and greater transparency throughout the supply chain and more.

But it should be noted that items can be fair trade without having fair trade certification.

Swagman
August 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM
20 cents a week wages for child labour or starvation for lofty ideals?

Tough choice.

x3roconf
August 31st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Ubuntu gear just sucks. :)

MasterNetra
August 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Ubuntu gear just sucks. :)

Bah what you know! :p

ELD
August 31st, 2009, 07:04 PM
I lost my ubuntu beanie last night :(

sdlynx
August 31st, 2009, 07:59 PM
I lost my ubuntu beanie last night :(

If this was facebook, and there was a dislike button: HUGE SLAM ON THE DISLIKE BUTTON. (lol).

I would buy Ubuntu clothing, if only I had my own money and/or my parents didn't mind buying things from the internet....

lordyosch
August 31st, 2009, 08:23 PM
I bought my son (2 years old) an Ubuntu baby t-shirt. Lots of people ask. I also have an Ubuntu mouse, which technically isn't clothing but hey.

quite fancy the hoody though...

Jay

TheNosh
September 1st, 2009, 06:42 AM
I also have an Ubuntu mouse, which technically isn't clothing but hey.

i tried to buy one of those. it didn't go to well. (the rant is a few pages back)

lisati
September 1st, 2009, 06:45 AM
I wore my Ubuntu t-shirt out in public for the first time today, and it prompted a comment from a guy in an army surplus store (apparently a recent convert). People do notice.

Gorgoth
September 1st, 2009, 07:04 AM
I wanted the backpack... but @ what at the time was nearly $120 US, I figured I'd save my money for something else...

But now, I dunno, my laptop bag is actually starting to wear out...

Lavaeagle
September 1st, 2009, 07:59 AM
I bought my son (2 years old) an Ubuntu baby..

Jay
What?!

I looked at the Pounds(do not have lbs button xP) and was like "Oh like cool, lemme get this!"
Converting to $
Life is unfair.

anujpathania
September 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM
I don't have anything at present, but since I recently started working I can afford order some stuff for good now.

MasterNetra
September 3rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
I bought my son (2 years old) an Ubuntu baby t-shirt. Lots of people ask. I also have an Ubuntu mouse, which technically isn't clothing but hey.

quite fancy the hoody though...

Jay

A future Ubuntu drone! :p :lolflag:

kevinatkins
September 3rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
I've got a nice sweatshirt which I make a point of wearing when I go to do Windows Sys Admin work at various clients....

Dharmachakra
September 3rd, 2009, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't actively seek out an OS-branded piece of clothing to wear around.

MasterNetra
September 3rd, 2009, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't actively seek out an OS-branded piece of clothing to wear around.

Why not? People walk around with Music Brand, Clothing Brands, and all kind of branded clothing, Surely you have some brands? What makes OS brands different?

Dharmachakra
September 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
Why not? People walk around with Music Brand, Clothing Brands, and all kind of branded clothing, Surely you have some brands? What makes OS brands different?

I never liked band shirts either... just not my style. I don't wear clothing to show support for something. I wear the clothing I wear because I like to be comfortable and look good. I don't wear my Banana Republic polos to show support for elephants...

And, frankly, I consider it strange.

Coffee mugs are a different story.

JC Cheloven
September 3rd, 2009, 02:07 AM
Last Christmas I ordered a bunch of wearing stuff from the store. T-shirts, baby clothes, hoodies... and gave away most of them as christmas presents for my family and friends.

I had to buy things anyway, and this was a way to give back something to ubuntu's maintainers (and a great time saver also!)

BTW: hoodies are also of excellent quality. I got one for myself.

MasterNetra
September 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I never liked band shirts either... just not my style. I don't wear clothing to show support for something. I wear the clothing I wear because I like to be comfortable and look good. I don't wear my Banana Republic polos to show support for elephants...

And, frankly, I consider it strange.

Coffee mugs are a different story.

Pssh Ubuntu Clothing is cool! :p

Katalog
September 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Just a quick follow up to the issues that The Nosh, myself and a couple of others that had invoice discrepancies with their orders from the Canonical store. I actually got an email yesterday from a manager at the company that handle's Canonical's order processing (Gateway CDI) asking me for feedback and more information relating to the problems with my last order. Among other things, I informed her that mine was not an isolated incident and that I knew of others who were having similar issues.
But anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that there is somebody out there listening if you protest loudly enough (the squeaky wheel gets the grease), and if you deal with the US store it may be worth your time to elevate these problems to the people above the customer service drones. If you've had a problem with an order that you made from Canonical's US store, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to provide you with the email address of someone who actually seems interested in working with customers to resolve these issues.

Dharmachakra
September 3rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
Pssh Ubuntu Clothing is cool! :p

I'll admit that I saw someone wearing the Hardy Heron (I'm guessing that's what it was) shirt a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty cool.

MasterNetra
September 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I'll admit that I saw someone wearing the Hardy Heron (I'm guessing that's what it was) shirt a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty cool.

See. ^.^

geekygirl
September 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I want an Ubuntu thong(s)...with the slogan *this is my ubuntu box*

(oh and I am talking about FOOTWEAR...thongs are worn on your feet over here!! :P)

MasterNetra
September 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM

(oh and I am talking about FOOTWEAR...thongs are worn on your feet over here!! :P)

Thats not what it is over here in the US! :p XD lol And I was gonna say you could send us a pic of you wearing it! :p

geekygirl
September 6th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Thats not what it is over here in the US! :p XD lol And I was gonna say you could send us a pic of you wearing it! :p

really? I never knew that... :P

TheNosh
September 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM

i wear flip flops everywhere, and a couple years ago i became good friends with an Australian exchange student. he asked me "why do you always wear thongs?" so naturally the rest of the year was filled with other students making dumb jokes about me wearing "thongs".

Hosmion
September 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
No, I have not downloaded UBuntU clothing, but, considering I am only 12, I doubt I will be able to for a while :D...

sdlynx
September 7th, 2009, 12:17 AM
No, I have not downloaded UBuntU clothing, but, considering I am only 12, I doubt I will be able to for a while :D...

hahaha of course nowdays clothing is downloaded, not bought.

MasterNetra
September 7th, 2009, 03:02 AM
hahaha of course nowdays clothing is downloaded, not bought.

Really? I didn't know this, guess I'm just behind the times. :p

sdlynx
September 7th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Really? I didn't know this, guess I'm just behind the times. :p

XD must be.

MasterNetra
September 7th, 2009, 03:24 AM
XD must be.

Man..I'm so behind that I'm still using Win3.1! :p :lolflag:

sdlynx
September 7th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Man..I'm so behind that I'm still using Win3.1! :p :lolflag:

what? you mean they made more after 3.1?!

MasterNetra
September 7th, 2009, 04:25 AM

I know incredible isn't it! I might just update to "Windows 95" I wonder how that will be like? :p

sdlynx
September 7th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I know incredible isn't it! I might just update to "Windows 95" I wonder how that will be like? :p

I heard they called that one a 'downgrade' lol

MikeTheC
September 7th, 2009, 05:48 AM

I know a guy who, at least until recently (and perhaps even now) still uses a Coleco Adam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleco_Adam) as his primary computer.

How sad is that?

sdlynx
September 7th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I know a guy who, at least until recently (and perhaps even now) still uses a Coleco Adam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleco_Adam) as his primary computer.

How sad is that?

It's so sad I've never even heard of that lol!!

MasterNetra
September 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
It's so sad I've never even heard of that lol!!

Neither have I until now...It has a entire mode for word processing! :p XD

colnizster
September 15th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I wear the Ubuntu beanie when it is cold out (here in Michigan - a good part of the year). I have the buttons on sweatshirts and my backpack if that counts. And i've had a few responses as well because of it. Always nice to semi-randomly meet a fellow user.

MasterNetra
September 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I wear the Ubuntu beanie when it is cold out (here in Michigan - a good part of the year). I have the buttons on sweatshirts and my backpack if that counts. And i've had a few responses as well because of it. Always nice to semi-randomly meet a fellow user.

I want a backpack..my old faithful doesn't have too much life left I think...And I hate winter here in Michigan >.>

MasterNetra
October 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
A bump for the fun.

Faolan84
October 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I had the brown ubuntu zip-up hoodie somewhere, but after I moved I couldn't find it. Oh well, someone in Oregon got a nice new sweater jacket and that's all good. Plus in Florida I would have no use for it anyhow as it doesn't get all that cold here too often.

MasterNetra
October 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I had the brown ubuntu zip-up hoodie somewhere, but after I moved I couldn't find it. Oh well, someone in Oregon got a nice new sweater jacket and that's all good. Plus in Florida I would have no use for it anyhow as it doesn't get all that cold here too often.

You could get a shirt and hat. ^.^

mybunche
October 10th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I have two caps, one for backup. :)

I usually don't buy shirts without trying them, so the caps are the best for me.

It is a great way to advertise Ubuntu.

MasterNetra
October 10th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I have two caps, one for backup. :)

I usually don't buy shirts without trying them, so the caps are the best for me.

It is a great way to advertise Ubuntu.

I've heard good things about them. Might get one someday

Enigmapond
October 10th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I'm steppin' into my Jaunty Jammies as we speak...:guitar:

MasterNetra
October 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'm steppin' into my Jaunty Jammies as we speak...:guitar:

Where did ya get those? They not in Ubuntu's US OR International store.

MelDJ
October 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
everything's expensive....i really want one of those.....why dont they give out clothing like they give out software??:(

Corfy
October 11th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I have a LoCo shirt with the Ubuntu logo on it, but that didn't come from the Ubuntu store. I think it came from CafePress.

From a Linux standpoint, I also have two t-shirts from the Ohio LinuxFest (one from 2008, one from 2009) and a t-shirt I made myself with an iron-on with several different FOSS logos. And I have a baseball cap with Tux on it that I won at the my local LUG meeting last year.

shiningkenmonster
October 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I got a brown Ubuntu t-shirt with the logo and the Ubuntu word on the side of the shirt.

I get a bunch of compliments from all the Linux User Groups (LUGS) that i've attended.

I think a Caltech girl has checked me out with it once. no, i don't go to caltech. I wasn't sure she knows what Ubuntu is or not.

MasterNetra
October 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
everything's expensive....i really want one of those.....why dont they give out clothing like they give out software??:(

Because clothing much more expensive per item then slapping on a OS to a bunch of cheap blank cds or dvds. The clothing is actually pretty decent price, not bargain bin cheap perhaps but the price is reasonable.

MasterNetra
November 17th, 2009, 07:16 PM
*The Occasional Boot*

Zoot7
November 17th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Wearing clothing promoting an OS is going a bit too far for me. :)

Dragonbite
November 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I wear clothing. It just happens to be the logo of something I actually use.

MasterNetra
November 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I wear clothing. It just happens to be the logo of something I actually use.

I would hope you would wear clothing especially in Connecticut :p

Excedio
November 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Wearing clothing promoting an OS is going a bit too far for me. :)

Yea, but most people dont know that you're promoting an OS. :-)

I've had people tell me that this (https://usshop.ubuntu.com/product.php?code=09%2013006BN&catid=1) shirt that I have has a cool logo.

RabbitWho
November 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
If I had a credit card or they accepted bank cards I would probably order something.. something small though, like a badge, I wouldn't want it to be something that would encourage strangers to talk to me. . . Unless they were attractive

I adore the Karmic Koala shirts.. I would ask for one of them as a Christmas present from someone with a credit card... but they only have men's ones.. in fact.. all of the stuff is for men. *poke*

Excedio
November 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
If I had a credit card or they accepted bank cards I would probably order something.. something small though, like a badge, I wouldn't want it to be something that would encourage strangers to talk to me. . . Unless they were attractive

I adore the Karmic Koala shirts.. I would ask for one of them as a Christmas present from someone with a credit card... but they only have men's ones.. in fact.. all of the stuff is for men. *poke*

Falalalala lala la la (http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=571) :-)

MasterNetra
November 18th, 2009, 04:42 AM

They say mens but its universal. :p The International Store has clothing in ladies. Ok one shirt but still the jackets, hats, and such are not gender specific. :p

vacc73
December 17th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I have a black fleece jacket.It is VERY warm. When I go through Best Buy occasionally to pick up a movie or a cd, I always check out the hardware, especially monitors to see if there are any deals, to get to the point that fleece jacket has always generated confused looks from the mac sales people.No one there tries to sell me mukky soft stuff!:guitar:

Dragonbite
December 17th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Just a couple weekends ago, I was at the town's tree lighting activities and a guy walked up to me and asked "how many people here do you think knows what Ubuntu is?" I was wearing my hat and it was probably jsut about the two of us.

MasterNetra
December 17th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Just a couple weekends ago, I was at the town's tree lighting activities and a guy walked up to me and asked "how many people here do you think knows what Ubuntu is?" I was wearing my hat and it was probably jsut about the two of us.

A conversation starter for sure.

Kinda surpised that this old thread of mine was rezzed. ^.^

lisati
December 17th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Now that this thread has gained my attention again, I'd like to change my vote to reflect the fact that I have a t-shirt and a lanyard (have my mp3 player on it), both of which have attracted comments from people who know what Ubuntu is.

NightHawk877
December 17th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I plan on getting Ubuntu clothing soon, but i have to wait until I get paid because I spent most of my money on Christmas presents.

u.b.u.n.t.u
December 17th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I am one of the "No, but I'm interested in getting something someday".

I want to. I have checked out the online shop the other week.

Oh and as for comments, whenever I discuss computers, I always make mention of Ubuntu and in a broader sense Linux ... to those using Windows.

MasterNetra
December 22nd, 2009, 01:39 AM
Now that this thread has gained my attention again, I'd like to change my vote to reflect the fact that I have a t-shirt and a lanyard (have my mp3 player on it), both of which have attracted comments from people who know what Ubuntu is.

Under the "Yea I have a few things" now huh. Too bad the choice can't be changed on the poll. :/

jayze
December 22nd, 2009, 02:46 AM
I might make an exception (all my gears Oxfam or the boots) and get a hat or maybe a tee shirt for the summer..dunno...off to have a look now !:popcorn:

Marvin666
December 22nd, 2009, 02:58 AM
The closest thing I have at the moment is a firefox laptop case. It is 44x30x4cm inside and barely fits my new laptop. Heavily padded thick sides. I got it a few years ago from the mozilla website.

MasterNetra
December 22nd, 2009, 03:53 AM
The closest thing I have at the moment is a firefox laptop case. It is 44x30x4cm inside and barely fits my new laptop. Heavily padded thick sides. I got it a few years ago from the mozilla website.

Might get the messanger bag from international shop if funds become more available.

HappyFeet
December 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
I make my own ubuntu/linux clothing. I just buy the iron on t-shirt transfers and use glabels to put them together. Yeah, I know they don't last as long, but I'm cheap, plus I can make it the way I want.

MasterNetra
January 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I make my own ubuntu/linux clothing. I just buy the iron on t-shirt transfers and use glabels to put them together. Yeah, I know they don't last as long, but I'm cheap, plus I can make it the way I want.

Cool ^.^

alket
January 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Do they ship to Kosovo or Serbia ?

cacycleworks
January 7th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I've got one of their Tees and everytime I wear it I get compliments on how good it fits. It's kinda long and snug. :)

MasterNetra
January 7th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Do they ship to Kosovo or Serbia ?

Maybe they do have a International shop but you would have to ask them. (Could go to checkout and see, I mean if they do a drop down for country you could see for yourself if they ship ^.^, just make sure its from the International shop.)

daveb272
January 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I was looking at the stickers and really liking them. I have never ordered anything to be shipped overseas. I just think $24 to ship a $3 sticker sheet is too much. oh well. :(

%hMa@?b<C
January 9th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I'd wear some if it were free. But money for those, eh...

MasterNetra
January 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I'd wear some if it were free. But money for those, eh...

Well clothing takes more money to make then a cheap Blank CD.

johnboy1313
January 14th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I have had the ubuntu hoodie in the shopping cart more than once, just its usually not budgeted for, i want to wear it at my place of work that is dominated by microsoft crap

MasterNetra
January 14th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I have had the ubuntu hoodie in the shopping cart more than once, just its usually not budgeted for, i want to wear it at my place of work that is dominated by microsoft crap

lol thats one way to stand out. Wither or not it will affect your chance at a promotion... :p

Old_Grey_Wolf
January 14th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I would be interested in buying some if I new what size to order. I have a 19" Neck, 50" Chest, 36"/37" Sleeve, and 42" Waist.

MasterNetra
January 14th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I would be interested in buying some if I new what size to order. I have a 19" Neck, 50" Chest, 36"/37" Sleeve, and 42" Waist.

Try large.

Old_Grey_Wolf
January 14th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Try large.

Thanks; however, I think large is note quit large enough. I am well above average height. I see XXL, and XXXL sizes. However, I'm not sure which one would fit, if any.

I usually wear 2XL-TALL or 3XL-TALL when ordering from the US.

MasterNetra
January 14th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Thanks; however, I think large is note quit large enough. I am well above average height. I see XXL, and XXXL sizes. However, I'm not sure which one would fit, if any.

I usually wear 2XL-TALL or 3XL-TALL when ordering from the US.

Oh lol Wouldn't know. I'm short. :p

Dragonbite
January 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Looks like they've closed the US store, and have a number of things on the Clearance rack.

xuCGC002
January 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Are they closing down the Kubuntu section? I only see a few items in clearance.

handy
January 14th, 2010, 09:04 PM
There should have been an "Are you kidding?" option in the poll.

MasterNetra
January 14th, 2010, 10:03 PM
There should have been an "Are you kidding?" option in the poll.

Thats what the "Heck no, that crap makes me itch." is for. :p

iMilkChan
January 14th, 2010, 11:37 PM
i do. i have a hoodie. lol when i was waring it, hella people was like "WTF is a ubuntu?!"

MasterNetra
January 15th, 2010, 12:43 AM
i do. i have a hoodie. lol when i was waring it, hella people was like "WTF is a ubuntu?!"

Reply: "The best frakking thing sense sliced bread!"

MasterNetra
February 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
bump for good times.

MasterNetra
March 2nd, 2010, 03:12 AM
A number of items are being removed from the store and so the inventory is being sold at a lower price! Including a good number of ladies shirts!

http://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=29

samh785
March 2nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
Looks like the forums are filled with a bunch of procrastinators. Go ahead and buy some!

lisati
March 4th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Looks like the forums are filled with a bunch of procrastinators. Go ahead and buy some!

I did already, and now that there's proposed changes to the artwork.......

*ponders* How does one change one's vote in a poll? Haven't come across a way yet.

MasterNetra
March 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM

*ponders* How does one change one's vote in a poll? Haven't come across a way yet.

I don't think its currently possible on these forums.

skymera
March 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM

I was seen wearing a tshirt with the Ubuntu logo, i think i'd be lynched.

audiomick
March 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM

I'm wondering if there will be a runout sale on the old stuff...;)
I intend to get on of those Koala shirts. It really grabs me how well the designer has captured a Koala using just three dots...
I am also interested in one of those hooded windcheaters, having recently discovered that hoods are a good thing in winter if your hair is cut short.

MasterNetra
March 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I'm wondering if there will be a runout sale on the old stuff...;)
I intend to get on of those Koala shirts. It really grabs me how well the designer has captured a Koala using just three dots...
I am also interested in one of those hooded windcheaters, having recently discovered that hoods are a good thing in winter if your hair is cut short.

True that. When I get my hair cut I usually just get a crew cut where its all but bald. lol So yea it gets drafty during the winter. ;)

MasterNetra
May 12th, 2010, 02:20 AM
They're supplying both a men's and ladie's Lucid Shirt now. There travel mug is nice looking too as well as the mouse...though the mouse doesn't look very ergonomical.

DeadSuperHero
May 12th, 2010, 02:21 AM
I have the white cotton t-shirt. It's super comfy.