PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] a cry for help...

GrossTony84
August 3rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
ok so here's the deal. i had windows vista and dual booted with ubuntu with the intentions of learning how to use ubuntu and then wiping windows off my computer. well my hard drive for some reason lost all the info on it including my recovery partition so i was forced to start useing ubuntu exclusively before i knew how to use it, i'm still haveing some issues. such as my wireless won't work and i need a messenger to use webcams with my wife since i'm in iraq atm. any help with those and any other advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Tony G

Vaphell
August 3rd, 2009, 12:05 AM
more details would be nice - what model of wireless and webcam?

lisati
August 3rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
ok so here's the deal. i had windows vista and dual booted with ubuntu with the intentions of learning how to use ubuntu and then wiping windows off my computer. well my hard drive for some reason lost all the info on it including my recovery partition so i was forced to start useing ubuntu exclusively before i knew how to use it, i'm still haveing some issues. such as my wireless won't work and i need a messenger to use webcams with my wife since i'm in iraq atm. any help with those and any other advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Tony G

Did you remember to make a set of backup disks for your recovery partition?
What model computer?