PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnoe-Do Keyring On Startup

distortedecho
August 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I've searched for an answer but only find threads for Gnome-Do and Wife Connections - I've added the line of text to my conf file with no fix to the problem.

I've installed Gnome-Do and use Docky and love it! But what's annoying me is that each time I boot up, Gnome-Do wants to access Keyring. I can deny, but will be prompted 3 times. So I have to enter my keyring password each time.

How can I stop this???

mcduck
August 3rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Two possible solutions:

1. Don't use automatic login. When you type you password in the login screen the keyring is unlocked at the same time.

2. Remove the keyring password. With no password you are not going to be asked for one. To do this go to Applications/Accessories/Passwords and Encryption Keys, on the passwords-tab right-click the "login:default"-keyring and select "Change password".

(The third possibility is that you are using a normal login, but have changed your login password at some point. In that case change the keyring password to the same as your login password an keyring will be once again unlocked automatically.)

distortedecho
August 5th, 2009, 06:52 PM
2. Remove the keyring password. With no password you are not going to be asked for one. To do this go to Applications/Accessories/Passwords and Encryption Keys, on the passwords-tab right-click the "login:default"-keyring and select "Change password".

Worked a treat, thanks!

distortedecho
August 6th, 2009, 09:56 PM
OK, now when I boot up, Docky looks like I've "summoned Do" and awaiting keyboard input rather than showing my icon dock?

mcduck
August 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Go to Gnome Do's preferences, and under General-tab make sure "Hide window on first launch" is enabled.

distortedecho
August 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Is that it??? I thought that was to hide it all together! D'oh!

Thanks!

mcduck
August 10th, 2009, 07:06 AM
With "normal" Gnome-Do themes it prevents Gnome-Do from showing on startup, with Docky it makes Gnome-Do to show the icon dock instead of actual Gnome-Do.

distortedecho
August 10th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Gothcya! Thanks.

I do like Gnome-Do, but I only use it for it's speed. For anything else that I need faster access to; it's docked.