PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 no sound

tony_the_m
August 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Ijust upgraded my ubuntu to 9.04 and the sound dosen't work. I've test it in sound preferences and i can hear that beep and it also works with the movie player but nothing else.
I know that this thread was posted more than once. I checkd the others but didn't helped me.
As hardware i have a USB headset and onboard sound.

Any help would be great. :D

a3uge
August 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
So you're saying sound works when you open System Settings and go into Multimedia? And you click the test button, and it works, but what device does it say? Are there more than one option?

You said it works with the movie player, I'm assuming you're using MPlayer. Are you trying to play mp3's and not getting any sound? Are you trying to play flash videos and not getting sound?

Please be more specific of what is not working, because you said there are certain things that do work, meaning it's probably not a hardware issue.

ratcheer
August 2nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
It is a common problem. Fortunately, there is a great thread with the solutions:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

Tim

tony_the_m
August 3rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
The movie player plays in the headphones and the gnome mplayer in speakers. I looked in gnome mplayer settings and is not selected any sound output.

And yeah a3uge I don't have sound in flash.

And the sound devices are:
NVidia nForce2 with ALC65OF NVidia nForce2 - IeC958 (ALSA) test working but i can't hear any sound.
NVidia nForce2 with ALC65OF NVidia nForce2 (ALSA) gives error
C-Media USB Audio Device USB Audio (ALSA) gives error
NVidia nForce2 with ALC65OF NVidia nForce2 (OSS) speakers
NVidia nForce2 with ALC65OF NVidia nForce2 (OSS) speakers
NVidia nForce2 with ALC65OF NVidia nForce2 (OSS) gives error
C-Media USB Audio Device USB Audio (OSS) headphones
C-Media USB Audio Device USB Audio (OSS) headphones
ALSA - Advanced Linux Sound Architecture speakers
OSS - Open Sound System speakers (sometime gives error)
PulseAudio Sound Server speakers