PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Canīt install on a fujistsu 1650G? really strange

mikasjoman
August 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hi

I am currently trying to install the latest Ubuntu on my friends computer. The MS Windows has some serious issues right now, so I thought Ubuntu would be a great step up for her. She uses the computer for skype and FF.

BUT - then I ran in to serious and strange problems. WUBI as an application would not even start on her computer. It just gave a couple of seconds of wait symbol and then died. So - I thougt lets burn a CD. No No - after rebooting her computer with a CD the computer would not allow me to boot the computer when I pressed enter button with the try, install or whatever I tried. The only thing it allowed me to do was to start from first disk = broken ****** windows.

I have tried both the 64 CD and 32 Bit one, so that canīt be the problem.

I noticed that Wubi had been installed before on the system but taken away. May this be the main cause for the problem? Or is it a bios issue? I am lost.

Why doesnīt the installer let me press enter on try OR install Ubuntu on this system when I start the CD? Any thoughts?

Please help me out to convert this windows user to the world of Ubuntu.

Sincerely yours

Mika

mikasjoman
August 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Update: i found the wubi-r134.exe and I get the installation started

BUT - it does not allow me to start it if I dont have a valid Ubuntu CD inside. AND it does not care if I have either the 64 bit or 32 Bit iso file inside the same folder.

And - since I am in China with poor connection, letting wubi download and install is NOT an option. Internet goes down every second hour and my 68 hour install then starts all over again :( :(

So any ideas why it wont let me hit enter when I start the computer from the CD?