PDA

View Full Version : Canonical Launching “Switch to Ubuntu” Desktop Migration Services

zeroseven0183
August 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
I found an interesting topic about an initiative from Canonical, "Switch to Ubuntu" program. Another great challenge... and a very timely one.

Any thoughts?

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/07/30/canonical-launching-switch-to-ubuntu-migration-services/

Canonical on July 31 will launch a so-called "Switch to Ubuntu" initiative — including support and migration services — to help individuals and small businesses that are "seeking cost-effective alternatives" to Mac OS X and Windows-based desktops. Here’s the scoop and early analysis.

Mark Shuttleworth has certainly caught my attention with the imminent announcement. Now my big question: Will Canonical’s hardware partners (especially Dell) and channel partners lend a hand with the effort?

Blu Fox
August 2nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Sounds good on paper, but I'm not sure how they're gonna give out all the support abroad..well we'll just see how this thing turns out.

TBOL3
August 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Um, this looks almost exactly like what they were already doing, other than that they have now split desktop support into 3 tiers, rather than 1 (well, 2 if you consider the choice of 9x5 vs. 24x7 support).