PDA

View Full Version : Clipboard ...

YukaToshi
August 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Will there EVER be a fix for this?

JillSwift
August 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't know. It's a heck of a lot better than it was a few years ago, so that gives some hope that a monolithic clipboard will one day come to pass.

joebodo
August 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
This is probably my biggest usability issue. Seems I play paste roulette each time I hit control-v.

I use constantly use multiple remote desktops, vmware, and wt* is up with xterm?

juancarlospaco
August 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
whats wrong ?

red_Marvin
August 1st, 2009, 10:24 PM
Honestly, I think the linux clipboard trumps about everything else, select/middle button is awesome.
Testing with the text I write here there seems to be two clipboards available, one ctrl+xcv/ctrl+del,ctrl+ins,shift+ins and the middle button one. I don't see what the problem is.

pelle.k
August 2nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
I don't see what the problem is.
The X clipboard doesn't "persist". If you close an app with the copied data, it's gone. Also, it doesn't support other datatypes than text very well.
I use parcellite, as a "proxy", but it is still having problems syncing with the X clipboard cleanly. It works, but it's not what i would call "ideal".
I'm quite used to it by now, but i really do think this should be one of those famous "papercut" bugs.

Keyper7
August 2nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm quite used to it by now, but i really do think this should be one of those famous "papercut" bugs.

The definition of "paper cut" includes being trivial to fix. I doubt this is the case.

mamamia88
August 2nd, 2009, 01:05 AM
The definition of "paper cut" includes being trivial to fix. I doubt this is the case.

i downloaded a program before don't remember what it's called but it fixed the problem for me

Keyper7
August 2nd, 2009, 01:11 AM
i downloaded a program before don't remember what it's called but it fixed the problem for me

This is a workaround, not a fix.

juancarlospaco
August 2nd, 2009, 01:50 AM
I use it with images so it support other than plain text.
...and im using encrypted clipboard applet and i don't have this problem, i don't know what to say..