PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual boot option not displayed

lovejames
August 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM
Last week I tried to install Ubuntu 9.04 through WUBI on a computer running Windows XP. My goal was to install ubuntu on D Drive with dual boot option. However, during the process of installation when system had to be restarted, I was expecting a dual boot screen. But system ended up loading windows directly without asking or prompting for any options. I tried to restart several times but nothing happened. I then uninstalled WUBI again. It was a P4 machine with about 384MB RAM. What could have gone wrong? My installation on a different machine earlier went on without any hitch. Can somebody help me understand how to overcome this issue??

running_rabbit07
August 11th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Last week I tried to install Ubuntu 9.04 through WUBI on a computer running Windows XP. My goal was to install ubuntu on D Drive with dual boot option. However, during the process of installation when system had to be restarted, I was expecting a dual boot screen. But system ended up loading windows directly without asking or prompting for any options. I tried to restart several times but nothing happened. I then uninstalled WUBI again. It was a P4 machine with about 384MB RAM. What could have gone wrong? My installation on a different machine earlier went on without any hitch. Can somebody help me understand how to overcome this issue??

Install wubi while Windows is running, it installs just like a regular program.

lovejames
August 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I did install WUBI. But I don't see the dual boot option when WUBI restarts the system for the first time while installation is in progress.