PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with trying to use Virtualbox 3.0

Mrcollegeman
August 1st, 2009, 04:39 AM
O.K here we go I am running a Toshiba Satellite laptop Intel Pentium, Processor 1.60GHz, 1GB of Ram, and 320 GB harddrive. Meanwhile I am running dual boot which has Window XP Home Edition, and Ubuntu 9.04 I am trying to lets say run Window XP Home Edition in the Virtualbox 3.0. Now I am thinking that I can not do this, the only way that I am thinking that I can do this is by just running straight Ubuntu 9.04 on the laptop and then install Window XP Home Edition inside of Virtualbox 3.0. Can some one please tell me if I am correct about this or not? And if so I would love for some one to send me a link or a video or something that would take me step-by-step on how to make this look as beautiful as I have seen some of the video's on Youtube. Plus I would also love if someone could take the time to help me out on how to set-up the 3-D cube where you have like four sides top and bottom and a nice sky background or anything that I can do to get all I can get out of this wonderful Ubuntu 9.04. :popcorn: Thank-you anyone for your time and also your help... Here is my e-mail address: Twopaid1@yahoo.com

signseeker
August 1st, 2009, 10:33 AM
May I ask why you want to run windows via Virtualbox?

If you have a functioning dual-boot system, you would get the best of both worlds?

That said, you can easily get windows to run under virtualbox, but I suspect it will be slow (given the hardware limitations of your laptop)

howefield
August 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM
...And if so I would love for some one to send me a link or a video or something that would take me step-by-step on how to...

There are instructional videos on the virtualbox website, that are pretty easy to follow. Watch 'em and if you have any questions, come back and ask.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBoxTV