PDA

View Full Version : Look what I made

RJ12
August 1st, 2009, 02:12 AM
Well today when browsing the Full Circle Magazine I found there was a way to make a Ubuntu logo in Inkscape I think its nice but its not all the way really perfect (like there are no curves) this was the first time I had used a Photo Program like this and I just converted to linux a couple of days ago and decided why not and try and this was my end result I am attaching the Inkscape SVG file for people to edit if you do let me know by posting it in this thread with the picture of it attached.
Feel Free To Reedit

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/imaginekid/ubuntu.png

Katalog
August 1st, 2009, 02:17 AM
Wow, that it is pretty good for someone who just made the switch. I've been using Linux for several years and I'm still trying to learn Inkscape ( although I've got enough of the basics knocked to make some minor edits if I have to). Nice job! :)

Viva
August 1st, 2009, 02:17 AM
Nice work:)

Sealbhach
August 1st, 2009, 02:46 AM
That's really good. I've had Inkscape and GIMP installed for ages and I keep meaning to sit down and learn how to use them but instead I waste my time browsing on internet forums, oh well...:)

swoll1980
August 1st, 2009, 03:45 AM
Using it as my menu button, thanks.

RJ12
August 1st, 2009, 04:01 AM

OMG I never thought this would ever happen I should be thanking you

I REALLY APPERCIATE IT!

Dullstar
August 1st, 2009, 04:35 AM
Nice design.

RJ12
August 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
I have updated my design I call it Ubuntu better with colors its not as abstract as the last one but at least it has the curves like it is suppose to once again I will attach the .svg file and the .png feel free to use it as you wish it is open source.:D:P

MasterNetra
August 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Its nice for sure! I would like to see the ubuntu logo centered on it and much darker. but thats just me. ^.^

The Toxic Mite
August 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hehe! Not bad! :D

xpod
August 2nd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Look what I made

It`s by no means any form of criticism but are the arms on the bottom "person" supposed to be a different shape/size to the others?
It makes perfect sense i suppose because people do come in all shapes and sizes.:)

That is one ugly desktop!

I thought it was rather nice,clean & simple looking.

YukaToshi
August 2nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
It`s by no means any form of criticism but are the arms on the bottom "person" supposed to be a different shape/size to the others?
It makes perfect sense i suppose because people do come in all shapes and sizes.:)

I thought i was rather nice,clean & simple looking.

Did I say you weren't simple looking? :P

xpod
August 2nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Did I say you weren't simple looking?

You got me....

EDIT:I`ve got a sticky "t"...due to sticky tea.

YukaToshi
August 2nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
You got me....

Rofl \\:D/

The Toxic Mite
August 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Rofl \\:D/

Lol :D

RJ12
August 3rd, 2009, 02:10 AM

Yeah for some reason I cant seam to get it symmetrical thats why
No offense Taken

MasterNetra
August 3rd, 2009, 02:28 AM

Don't you know he trying to have little people represented via the logo. :p

xpod
August 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah for some reason I cant seam to get it symmetrical thats why
No offense Taken

I wasn`t sure if it had been intentional or not.Well done though.
The only thing i`ve ever managed to do with the arty type app`s is have cruel fun with family photo`s.....and of course my avatar.
I did once plan on mastering blender just to to create a 3d version of the avatar but i`ve never gotten round to it.

Don't you know he trying to have little people represented via the logo.

At a mere 5"6 i feel a bit of a glow coming on:D

RJ12
August 3rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Well If you ever try I wish you good look

PuddingKnife
August 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM

How do you edit your menu button?

ibuclaw
August 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
How do you edit your menu button?

Simplest way is to install Ubuntu-Tweak (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/downloads) then run the application and go into: Desktop -> Gnome within it, and you'll see the option "Click button to change the menu logo"
Then browse to the location of the .png logo and select.

Reference screenshot attached.

PuddingKnife
August 4th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Simplest way is to install Ubuntu-Tweak (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/downloads) then run the application and go into: Desktop -> Gnome within it, and you'll see the option "Click button to change the menu logo"

Thanks! This is helpful :)

swoll1980
August 4th, 2009, 03:55 AM

Wow! That's alot easier than how I had to do it. :)

chriskin
August 4th, 2009, 04:02 AM
back when i tried to use ubuntu-tweak for the job (when it was first introduced there) it didn't work for me
so i just changed the image on the folder of the icons pack

in case someone else has the same problem (yet it might have been ubuntu tweak's early version bug)