PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean an LCD screen?

Yes
July 31st, 2009, 07:45 PM
The general consensus seems to be use a damp soft cloth. Is that right? And does the water have to be distilled, and how soft does the cloth have to be? The glasses-cleaner cloth is good, isn't it?

.Maleficus.
July 31st, 2009, 07:48 PM
I use Monster Screen Clean. You can probably use other things (like small amounts of water) but I wouldn't trust any chemical cleaners that are used around the house.

bluelamp999
July 31st, 2009, 07:49 PM
I've used a glasses cleaner (microfibre) cloth and warm water (not distilled) without problem.

A small bit of elbow-grease was all that was needed...

qamelian
July 31st, 2009, 07:53 PM
I use Monster Screen Clean. You can probably use other things (like small amounts of water) but I wouldn't trust any chemical cleaners that are used around the house.
I use Monster Screen Clean as well, and it works great.

jflaker
July 31st, 2009, 07:56 PM
for an initial cleaning, I have always used Windex.....too many hits of windex has a tendency to fog the LCD permanently.

after that, a regular cleaning with a damp cloth would do. There are LCD cleaners which have cleaning agents in them that are friendly to the LCD plastics....that is the best option.

tjwoosta
July 31st, 2009, 08:01 PM
I use water but make sure its distilled, tap water sometimes has chlorine or other chemicals that can ruin your display. Glass cleaner is a bad idea, lcd's are NOT glass and the cleaners can eat away at the thin coating causing it to fog up.

Yes
July 31st, 2009, 08:05 PM
Wow, microfiber and warm water worked beautifully. Thanks!