PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Print Dialogue

Iknownothing
July 31st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hi all

Total nubie here. Just getting my head round very basic things, not that I was much better with Vista you understand! When every I try to print something the Dialogue box comes up with print options, just like in VISTA/XP but the box is down so low I can not not the button to print and no matter what I do I can't move it! I only have one one of these mini notebooks with quite a small screen and wondered if that might be the problem

cheers

Temposs
July 31st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Some dialog boxes are too tall for mini notebooks(vertical resolution less than 800), but there is a way to work with them.

Just put your mouse over the dialog window, press and hold the Alt button, click and hold the left mouse button, and you should be able to move the window around. This is the best way to deal with the dialog, I think.

Liolikas
July 31st, 2009, 06:23 PM
If you have netbook you should use http://www.geteasypeasy.com/ it is much more specialized for them.

Temposs
July 31st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Easy Peasy is pretty good, but Ubuntu has its own Netbook Remix, which is equally as specialized. Also, if he's got say a Dell Mini, then the Ubuntu on his system will be specialized for his machine, and he should stick with that.

Iknownothing
July 31st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Some dialog boxes are too tall for mini notebooks(vertical resolution less than 800), but there is a way to work with them.

Just put your mouse over the dialog window, press and hold the Alt button, click and hold the left mouse button, and you should be able to move the window around. This is the best way to deal with the dialog, I think.

Thats done it, thank you very much I could not have sussed that on my own, and such a speedy reply...WOW.

Cheers

Iknownothing
July 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM
One last question, how do I cancel print jobs in the queue

Temposs
July 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
If you click on the Print Queue icon when you print something, it should bring up a window with the list of print jobs in the queue. if you right click a print job, there should be an option there to cancel the job.

Iknownothing
July 31st, 2009, 07:12 PM
If you click on the Print Queue icon when you print something, it should bring up a window with the list of print jobs in the queue. if you right click a print job, there should be an option there to cancel the job.

Part of the problem could now be that I can not get it to print and now have 38 at the last count jobs in the queue