PDA

View Full Version : August 2009 Screenshot Thread

The Toxic Mite
July 30th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Hey! I know it's a bit early, but who cares? :mrgreen:

* Stay within the board rules, no matter how hot you may believe the wallpaper/screen shot to be.
* If you are going to quote, there isn't a need to quote an img-embeded picture - Just don't do it. Please just reference the post by page number/page link/etc.
* Off Topic Posts will be edited or removed.
* The desktops thread is not to be used as a means to post explicit or suggestive, and provocative images (they must be safe for your kids and/or boss to see). Please help to keep the thread relevant and safe to browse for everyone.
* The moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or remove your posts as necessary so they may comply with our Community Rule set.
* Please use reduced-size thumbnails, where possible, out of respect for people running on lower bandwidth or screen resolutions.
* To avoid having users having to ask you for them. we request that you format your posts in the following order:

Themes: Name/where you got it (with link would be nice).

Wallpaper: Name/where you got it (with link would be nice).

Icons: Name/where you got it (with link would be nice).

Programs: Name/where you got it (with link would be nice).
Important Note: Any image posted that is over 800 x 600 will be removed! Use a thumbnail or use a text link to your image. If your image is removed, this is why.
No screenshot from me today :(

coldReactive
July 31st, 2009, 04:08 AM
It's not august yet, and I plan to hold off to get ubuntu until 9.10 comes out (or even 10.04 o_O)

Until then, have a look at my july screenshot: Click Here (http://i30.tinypic.com/2ykf1io.png)

and the REAL LIVE desktop (ignore the current screen on the monitor, old computer next to desk, and the mouse and keyboard, all of that junk is gone/updated now for august): Click Here (http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/198/4/9/Thy_New_desk_With_thy_new_comp_by_coldReactive.jpg )

Eviltechie
July 31st, 2009, 04:22 AM
I'm using windows right now, and everybody has seen enough of that.

days_of_ruin
July 31st, 2009, 04:24 AM
CHeeetah! Its too early.

unknownPoster
July 31st, 2009, 04:26 AM
Yeah it's not even July 31st here. Won't be August for another 24 hours in my part of the world. :P

SoftwareExplorer
July 31st, 2009, 04:33 AM
How about Everybody posts a link to the screen background, theme, conkyrc, etc. Basically, if someone wants their desktop to look like yours (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery), it shouldn't be hard. If were using open source software, can't we make our themes open?

Sorry if I sound harsh, it just seems like whenever someone says to post where you got the theme or wallpaper, people just ignore them. Yes, I know the original poster mentioned it, but notice I put a little emphasis on Everybody.

magmon
July 31st, 2009, 04:56 AM
My setup is the default jaunty layout, lol. I don't do much customizing, and if I did it would be with menus instead of colors and whatnot.

sertse
July 31st, 2009, 05:42 AM
There's a custom I think, and it should be respected that this ain't to be posted until it's August somewhere in the world.

It's a honour to own the screenshot thread for the month, (some...don't look at me! spend days preparing for it, as soon asit's time) and it's cheating if you do it before August! :P

The main reason for not revealing details immediately to force people to inquire about them, and in the process says how awesome the desktop is. If all details for shown, they'll copy without posting anything, and the desktop would get the public praising lol

It's a bit narisstic, but getting kicks from others praising you if one of the reasons people post in the first place.

I generally post details only when major changes are made. , or a refresher is some time to time. (My desktop doesn't change THAT much these days)