PDA

View Full Version : [other] fluxbox and gnome terminal -storing settings problem

grzeslaw
July 30th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Hello,

I've Ubuntu 9.04 and fluxbiox 1.1.1.1
I would like to store the position, size, and desktop of gnome-terminal, but when I mark all this settings it didn't work. For example for firefox and thunderbird it's works fine.

What can it be? Maby the problem is that is a generic gnome software?

Regards

kerry_s
July 30th, 2009, 11:42 PM
thats because gnome-terminal doesn't remember that kind of stuff, you'll have to use the command line options. read "man gnome-terminal"

example: gnome-terminal --geometry 100x40+0+0

grzeslaw
August 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Mmh ... but look, in KDE, I could save the window properities without any specific gnome-terminal options. Also I have the second laptop in my work. where fluxbox store window setting and I do not need any specific options to lunch it. Both systems are ubuntu, so I don't know where could be the problem about.

flux_user
August 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mmh ... but look, in KDE, I could save the window properities without any specific gnome-terminal options. Also I have the second laptop in my work. where fluxbox store window setting and I do not need any specific options to lunch it. Both systems are ubuntu, so I don't know where could be the problem about.

With respect to Fluxbox and storing window settings; that is the functionality of Fluxbox) not the actual tool. How do you do it in Gnome? I don't know.. I use fluxbox. :-)

grzeslaw
August 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I use flux too. Sorry, but what I wrote last post was wrong. all my fluxbox machines didn't store the gnome-terminal settings.

When I was using gnome, to store the window geometry settings I use devilspie, but it also didn't store the gnome-terminal geometry settings ;-)

Now I set-up the command as kerry_s told, and start the command with -geometry argument.