PDA

View Full Version : 3D nethack, and no I'm not talking about vulture's or falcon's

Dustin2128
July 30th, 2009, 08:05 AM
fans of nethack that hate it's primitive interface and feel that vulture's/falcon's hasn't gone quite far enough (dang that was a mouthfull) rejoice! I found this project on sourceforge that replaces the 2d sprites of vulture's/falcon's into actual 3d models. I just tested it on wine and it looks like a nice start. plenty of nice animations, very smooth. Sound effects too. However, every character looks like a samuri :confused: and it needs some major improvement on a lot of the models and the interface. but aside from that, wow. here's the site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nethack3d/

Barrucadu
July 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
The 'primite interface' is one of the best features. It lets you imagine, rather than just be spoon-fed what everything looks like.

Mark76
July 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
The version available from Sourceforge appears to be Windows only :(

4th guy
July 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM
The 'primite interface' is one of the best features. It lets you imagine, rather than just be spoon-fed what everything looks like.
It also makes it very hard to play the game.

Dustin2128
July 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM

well, I'm kinda a fan of the primitive interface too. not all people get it though.

Dustin2128
July 30th, 2009, 05:02 PM
The version available from Sourceforge appears to be Windows only :(
works on wine though