PDA

View Full Version : Installing Qt/Embedded on Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

Menyus
July 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Need help with completing the installation and running of Qt for Embedded Linux 4.5.2. Following the instructions in INSTALL, I completed the building, make and make-install steps for the ARM architecture but I am stuck on step 4, Environment variables.

First, my question is, where is the .profile file where I'm supposed to extend/export the PATH variable?

Second, when I try to run the demos and examples, I get a bunch of "Failure to open ..." messages and "Cannot access directory ..." warnings, and the build process terminates with the following error message in red:

Exited with code 5.
Error while building project examples
When executing build step 'QMake'

Any help is appreciated,

stulluk
August 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Need help with completing the installation and running of Qt for Embedded Linux 4.5.2. Following the instructions in INSTALL, I completed the building, make and make-install steps for the ARM architecture but I am stuck on step 4, Environment variables.

First, my question is, where is the .profile file where I'm supposed to extend/export the PATH variable?

Second, when I try to run the demos and examples, I get a bunch of "Failure to open ..." messages and "Cannot access directory ..." warnings, and the build process terminates with the following error message in red:

Exited with code 5.
Error while building project examples
When executing build step 'QMake'

Any help is appreciated,

Hi, I am experiencing the same problems on jaunty 32 bit.

First of all, the ".profile" file is in your home folder ( or if you login as root, it is in the "root" folder )

So, you may edit it in 2 way:

gedit /home/.profile

or

gedit /root/.profile

Secondly, I stuck in exactly same point with you. After ./configure, make, and make install sequence, I got "/dev/fb0 : no such device" error. This means that, our framebuffer is not installed correctly...

I am still investigating why it does not install correctly, but I think I will gonna find it..

Regards