PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome panel ( bottom, list of open windows ) in 2 lines - possible ?

credobyte
July 30th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Is there a way to "extend" Gnome panel so it would show opened windows in 2 lines ( if there's no space left on the first line, shift some of them to the next line ) ?
I mean, like in Windows - you can resize taskbar and get as many lines as you want.

Ideas/suggestions always appreciated :)

mcduck
July 30th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Is there a way to "extend" Gnome panel so it would show opened windows in 2 lines ( if there's no space left on the first line, shift some of them to the next line ) ?
I mean, like in Windows - you can resize taskbar and get as many lines as you want.

Ideas/suggestions always appreciated :)

Yes, just adjust the panel size to large enough and it will automatically split the window list to multiple rows.

(or use smaller font size for the same result without having to make the panel as large. The main point is that the panel height must be at least twice the font size + padding from your GTK theme. In other words to have two rows of buttons there has to be enough space for two rows of buttons. :))

The bad side is that only the window list-applet changes to multiple rows, so increasing the panel size will actually waste quite a bit of panel space as all the other applets become bigger..

credobyte
July 30th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Gee!! Thnx, it works, tough, "Show Desktop" and "Trash" icons are .. too BIG :D Looks like I'll need to merge both panels to the top and create a new, empty one at the bottom.

Poyntz
September 26th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Message removed by author