PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] helping a friend install ubuntu through network

Razor512
July 30th, 2009, 04:30 AM
My friend is trying to install ubuntu on a toshiba M200 tablet pc, (Has no cd drive and does not support USB booting)

He got the pc with a blank hard drive, and he has no other computer to do the whole setting up a server and going through the endless command line to setup the server

I was wondering if there was a server that was already made that he could possibly connect to a server already made and running that allows connections from over the internet and install ubuntu that way.

I think his laptop can boot from a SD card but from what i found out on google, the USB ubuntu doesn't work for it http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-ubuntu-810-install-from-windows-non-persistent/

He lives too far away for me to go over to his house and the only working computers he has access to are public computers

PS he does have a PDA that can save files to a SD card, if there anything he can put on a SD card that will allow him to boot from the SD card?

running_rabbit07
July 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Do you know anyone with a laptop docking station?

Worse case scenario is he/she could take the LiveCD to a PC repair chop and get them to try and load it. They shouldn't charge much.

If you can get the Ubuntu Netbook Remix on an SD card that might work.
Edit: That model isn't listed on the UNR compatibility list.