PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu netbook stuck on disk imager

stross
July 30th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Hello,

i am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on my Acer 751. I downloaded the .img but unfortunately the disk imager allows me to locate the file but does not show the drop down list of the drives so i cannot move forward.
I tried both versions and both get stuck in the same way.
Can someone tell me if there is an alternative software to create the bootable drive or if there is any other step i need to take before?

thanks a lot.
S

LFCESP9
July 30th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Hello,

i am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on my Acer 751. I downloaded the .img but unfortunately the disk imager allows me to locate the file but does not show the drop down list of the drives so i cannot move forward.
I tried both versions and both get stuck in the same way.
Can someone tell me if there is an alternative software to create the bootable drive or if there is any other step i need to take before?

thanks a lot.
S
I think you need to install the Netbook Remix of Ubuntu from the Ubuntu website. I don't think you can put Jaunty Jackalope on a Netbook. Although im not sure but know for a fact that the Netbook Remix works.
Hope this helps :)

stross
July 30th, 2009, 11:14 AM
sorry i forgot to mention that it was the netbook remix version of Ubuntu 9.04.
other thoughts?

Thanks.
S

danxx
July 30th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Tell me if I have understood well, you have ubuntu 9.04 on the Acer and you are trying to convert it to the remix version, right?