PDA

View Full Version : Need a software that can send X email's per hour

BOBSONATOR
July 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, long time no talk, but I need a software (preferably windows yea i know shoot me)That can send many emails (over 2000) yet send an amount of emails per hour. & it needs to be able to BCC (blind carbon copy)

Anyone know of a quick fix?

Thanks in Advance.
:D

Tristam Green
July 29th, 2009, 06:34 PM
a...spam....program?

:-k

BOBSONATOR
July 29th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Its for work, a client list in particular. Thanks

wojox
July 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
PHP and a nice for loop.

MaxIBoy
July 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
One might hack that together in Python in a half hour, depending on what kind of email address you'd be sending from, plus a few other variables.

Do you have your own mail server? If so (or especially if not so) could the mailserver handle this kind of traffic? Would these emails be plaintext or formatted, with attachments or without?

BOBSONATOR
July 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM
One might hack that together in Python in a half hour, depending on what kind of email address you'd be sending from, plus a few other variables.

Do you have your own mail server? If so (or especially if not so) could the mailserver handle this kind of traffic? Would these emails be plaintext or formatted, with attachments or without?

Yes we have our own mail server, yet our host has a 150 email per hour limit.

& Its just plain HTML no attachments,

Thanks.

JT9161
July 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Sounds scriptable

MaxIBoy
July 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Yes we have our own mail server, yet our host has a 150 email per hour limit.

& Its just plain HTML no attachments,

Thanks.
If you're capped at 150 per hour, I don't know that there's much you can do about it.

But Python (the programming language) has built-in utilities for connecting to mailservers via POP3 and so on, so you'd just need an elegant way of keeping track of your "send to" list in a file, and you're looking at maybe twenty lines of code.

Crunchy the Headcrab
July 29th, 2009, 08:56 PM
If you're capped at 150 per hour, I don't know that there's much you can do about it.

That's obviously why he only wants to send a certain amount per hour.

koenn
July 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Sounds scriptable
it is

http://users.telenet.be/mydotcom/program/vbs/massmail.htm

+ for the hour limit, just add a counter and keep track of the time

MaxIBoy
July 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM
That's obviously why he only wants to send a certain amount per hour.
*Reviews original post*

Whoops, I thought he meant that he wanted to send over 2000 emails per hour, honest misunderstanding.

thisllub
July 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I had a RedHat 6 Hylafax server that could send up to 600 faxes per hour through an 8 port fax card.

A proper mail server (e.g. Zimbra) should work fine.
Alternatively any number of scripting alternatives exist.