PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problems for ubuntu 9.04 on AMD sempron 2400

phaneendrakumar
July 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hi all..

I wanted to install ubuntu 9.04, but this is not happening.

I have a system with AMD sempron 2400 processor on gigabyte mother board with integrated graphics and sound. RAM is in 2 modules: one 256MB and one 512MB. Whenever, I put the live CD, it is loading until the first menu that asks me the options like install or try ubuntu or boot from local HDD and etc. After this, nothing happens but a cursor flicks on the left top corner of the screen.

The same is happening with Linux mint 7 as well, which is based on ubuntu 9.04. I have to try other latest flavors though!

My computer is running smooth on ubuntu 7.10 and Windows XP. I didn't try with 8.04 and 8.10 versions.

Is there any problem with the processor compatibility or some other thing is a problem??:confused: :confused:

cariboo
July 29th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Try running the Live CD in safe-graphics mode. At the menu screen press F4 and select safe-graphics mode, then select which ever menu option you want to use.

phaneendrakumar
August 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the help..

But, there is a new problem now. After, I select F4 and continuing, the process is halted saying init commands not found or something like that and the system is ready to take input in CUI at a prompt that said something like "initramfs".

What should I do from here on...

Thanks in advance..