PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Systems Management Project

ShadowApex
July 29th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I am fairly new to programming but have ambitions to help and contribute to the open-source community. Right now I am currently working on a project written in Python that can manage fairly large groups of Ubuntu computers from a centralized environment, similar to Canonical's proprietary Landscape software.

Currently I have the beginnings of a working program that can scan the network for computers with SSH open, and can install/remove software packages on multiple machines through SSH. In the future I also plan on being able to retrieve computer properties (such as CPU, RAM, etc.) and put them in a centralized database as well as implement a form of software policies (repository) that can be set up for business networks.

My main question, being new to the world of open-source development, is where I could go in search of volunteers to help contribute to the project, or others who can peer review my code and get feedback so that I can make this software the highest quality possible.

My project's page is hosted here:

http://code.google.com/p/ubuntu-systems-management/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

StunnerAlpha
July 29th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Try sourceforge.net, great place to go to to do exactly what you are looking for. Check it out.