PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with display

Jinkostar
July 29th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Hello everybody...

I'm Tom, I'm a really begginer in Ubuntu, yes I already use it but never gone in deep of it.
So...

I have a big problem:

First it's maybe more "user friendly" :) to give you some details about what I did.

I just installed Ubuntu Studio 9.4 for 64bit (AMD64)
my config is
Athlon 3200+ 64bit
Geforce 7300Gs
2GB of ram

So after the installation of ubuntu studio, it start, I have the grub then I can select the first line (default boot)
I have the beautiful screen with UBUNTU STUDIO i can see that it load something
but then, nothing my screen come to green with strange colour and that so

So what should I do to start to use Ubuntu studio? :(
Do you think that it's incompatible with my graphic card?
Do you think that my dual screen can be a problem?
:confused::confused::confused:

Please help me and sorry for my bad english

Jinkostar
July 30th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Nobody know?

Please help me ....

hyperAura
July 30th, 2009, 12:18 AM
well i find this quite strange because even if the exact driver of your graphics card is not present, ubuntu should come up with something general driver close to your graphics card.. i am not convinced that this is a graphics card problem being incompatible with the driver, i rather believe that something went wrong with the installation.. well i am not that experienced either, since i am in working in linux environment only for a couple of years..:)

Mark Phelps
July 30th, 2009, 02:21 PM
There's a distinct possibility that this is a problem with the 64-bit video driver. Since you have only 2GB of RAM, you're gaining little if anything using 64 bit instead of 32 bit. As a test, suggest downloading, burning, and booting from a 32 bit LiveCD to see if you get better graphics support.