PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Uninstall without removing Gnome

bnshrdr
July 28th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I want to uninstall all totem packages on my system, but when I try, it tells me it needs to then remove gnome-desktop-environment, along with many other gnome components. Here is what I am executing:

sudo apt-get --purge remove totem\*
Anyone know what the problem is?

By the way, I am using Jaunty and have installed from the mini iso and have downloaded and installed gnome myself.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

philcamlin
July 28th, 2009, 11:21 PM
why dont you try

sudo apt-get remove totem

any different?

bnshrdr
July 28th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry. I have tried that, it tells me that the package totem has already been removed or something along those lines, but clearly it hasn't. So far on this system, the only thing I have installed that wasn't through the package manager was ffmpeg, which I compiled from source.

vinutux
July 29th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Sorry. I have tried that, it tells me that the package totem has already been removed or something along those lines, but clearly it hasn't. So far on this system, the only thing I have installed that wasn't through the package manager was ffmpeg, which I compiled from source.

perhaps that is prob....related to uninstall totem...

Y are u try to compile ffmpeg from source....all that pakages in official repo................

bnshrdr
July 29th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I needed support for libx264, so I had to recompile it with the flag --enable-libx264. This really shouldn't affect totem, should it?

vinutux
July 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I think so.....both x264 and libx264 are in repo

totem use gatreamer framework....not direct related to gnome...i think buil currupted your software-source database......