PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave

Pages : [1] 2

Tux.Ice
July 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I got my invite today, Months ahead of everyone else. (I think)

Kinda odd, but, It must have been something I said :P

Did anyone else get an invite/want screenshots?

magmon
July 28th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I've never heard of the project, what is it and what's it about?

RATM_Owns
July 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Dammit I want a invite. :(

Mehall
July 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Dammit I want a invite. :(

same :(

dragos240
July 29th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I want an invite too :(

Mateo
July 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I'm hoping invites are going to start spreading. I requested one very early so I'm hopeful!

Tell me what you think about it? From what I've read, it's still very very green product.

wojox
July 29th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I signed up but haven't heard back yet.

http://wave.google.com/

solitaire
July 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM
The scuttlebut around the google wave forums is that the next round of invites is possible going out either later this week or sometime next week...

Fingers crossed ^_^
I've already got my openfire server installed so I can test some Wave Apps If i get an invite ^_~

Sublime Porte
July 29th, 2009, 02:39 AM
After reading this thread, checked my email, and to my surprise found an invite too.

excellento.

Vrekk
July 29th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Ahh i want my invite :'( Dose the invite say anything about how the project is comming or when a relase date will be?

Tux.Ice
July 29th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully you all get it in Round 2 :D

Its really interesting, however, it is buggy. Very buggy. It will be a revolution, however.

konqueror7
July 29th, 2009, 05:31 AM
so jealous right now, registered my email to google wave the first time they released it, and still no invitation :(

keep us updated mate! ;)

coldReactive
July 29th, 2009, 06:03 AM
All I have to say is: meh.

Sublime Porte
July 29th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I've posted a few screenshots of the Wave interface on my blog (linked in my sig), for anyone interested.

konqueror7
July 30th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I've posted a few screenshots of the Wave interface on my blog (linked in my sig), for anyone interested.

nice screenies, and a good thing that it works on chromium. i'm glad that chromium is getting a lot more polished lately, can't wait the final version...;)

Sublime Porte
July 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I originally embedded an actual wave into my blog, but unfortunately there's no read-only access on waves at the moment, so all you'd get (if not logged into a sandbox account) is a login prompt, instead of viewing the read-only version of the wave.

It has some really nice features like this, to really easily embed stuff into existing pages/blogs/etc with just a tiny little bit of javascript.

When they add permissions and allow read-only access, then I'll integrate some waves into my blog for a bit more of a preview of how it works.

diebels
September 30th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Hi,
anybody got lucky today?:popcorn:

If you have a spare invite I'd like one.:P

solitaire
September 30th, 2009, 07:28 PM
there was a few people saying that google delayed the sending out by a few hours (think they were originally going to be sent out between 16GMT & 18GMT)

chrisjsmith
September 30th, 2009, 08:49 PM
If anyone has an invite, I'd be super-grateful. I signed up early but I think I missed the 100k limit slightly!

Please mail to smithjchrisuk [at] googlemail [dot] com

I'll be your personal forum slave for eternity :)

-grubby
September 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Agreed about the invite thing. Anyone that loves me, send an invite to: nathangrubb [at] gmail [dot] com

SunnyRabbiera
September 30th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yay for another useless google product we cant use.

pwnst*r
September 30th, 2009, 10:43 PM
yay for crying!

CJ Master
September 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Yay for trolling about Google!

ice60
September 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM
i heard you can get Google Voice invites for $2 on ebay! so maybe you can get Wave invites too?

i also heard Google Wave isn't very good: firstly there aren't enough people using it to be able to use it properly, and secondly i heard a google dev talking about it, (on the podcast This Week In Google) and it's just an app for sharing documents! not really an email app.

i don't like google at all and don't use their products so there's a chance i could be focusing on the negative points. although i have heard many more bad things about Wave than good.

EDIT wave is the one where they say it's the new email isn't it? or am i thinking of something else? lol

NCLI
September 30th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I'd like and invite if anyone got a spare as well. 8ncli8 [at] gmail.com

@ice60: VERY wrong, watch this: http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video

ice60
September 30th, 2009, 10:55 PM
EDIT: i mentioned the noparse tag for email addresses to NCLI, but he edited his email addy, above, before i posted!!! so i rewrote this post :-| lol

ice60
September 30th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I'd like and invite if anyone got a spare as well. 8ncli8 [at] gmail.com

@ice60: VERY wrong, watch this: http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video
i can't watch the whole of that, it's really long! i'm almost certain i heard a google dev talking to leo laporte about Wave and leo saying so it's just being marketed as a new email when it's just a shared doc app and the dev said yes, that's correct!

hetx
September 30th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Wave is sooo not just a doc sharing app. Check out the video at wave.google.com

Personally I can't wait until it goes public. Also why wouldn't we be able to use it? It runs completely out of your browser don't it?

ice60
September 30th, 2009, 11:07 PM
here's the podcast where i heard it (it's for shared documents) 17:30 mins onward. i haven't relistened to it
http://twit.tv/twig4

it's a good podcast. like i said there's a good chance i'm focusing on the negatives, but i think somewhere they talk about the main functionality of Wave

edit: 20:35 he makes the point that people's assumptions are wrong about it being a new email, im client etc and it's just a doc editing tool.

ice60
September 30th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Wave is sooo not just a doc sharing app. Check out the video at wave.google.com

Personally I can't wait until it goes public. Also why wouldn't we be able to use it? It runs completely out of your browser don't it?
the bit about not being able to use it is just the fact not many people have it atm so you have no one you know to try it out with, that's all.

Tux.Ice
September 30th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I'll invite some people. Although, I just logged in. Can't find any gmail looking 'Send an invite' feature. Anyone wanna point out where it is?

chriskin
September 30th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I'll invite some people. Although, I just logged in. Can't find any gmail looking 'Send an invite' feature. Anyone wanna point out where it is?

can users just invite others as well?
i'm at feral.wolf.ubuntu@gmail.com <---don't care about bots :)

if there is a feature like that, please send me :)

ice60
September 30th, 2009, 11:48 PM
i'm at feral.wolf.ubuntu@gmail.com <---don't care about bots :)
lol

Google Wave Invites: How To Get Them (http://mashable.com/2009/09/29/google-wave-invites-2/)

Google Wave: A Complete Guide (http://mashable.com/2009/05/28/google-wave-guide/)

Edit: it looks like i was wrong about getting them for $2 on ebay!!
http://mashable.com/2009/09/30/google-wave-invite/

Tux.Ice
September 30th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I don't think there is. However, if they roll that out soon, I will be sure to.

chriskin
September 30th, 2009, 11:51 PM
lol

Google Wave Invites: How To Get Them (http://mashable.com/2009/09/29/google-wave-invites-2/)

Google Wave: A Complete Guide (http://mashable.com/2009/05/28/google-wave-guide/)

thank you, the first link was very good

so members can invite

Tux.Ice what did you write to them to accept you? :O

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 12:16 AM
I wrote that I'm 13 years old, interested in using Google Wave as a product, and as a representitive for the teen market. And that I was interesteed in setting up google wave on my VPS.

:)

chriskin
October 1st, 2009, 12:19 AM
I wrote that I'm 13 years old, interested in using Google Wave as a product, and as a representitive for the preteen market. And that I was interesteed in setting up google wave on my VPS.

:)

damn, i shouldn't have told them i'm an adult
i'll take it into consideration next time :)
(or should i send another request for invite? :P:popcorn:)

edit : by the way, you are teen not preteen. i think that teens start at thirteen

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 12:24 AM
That'll probably **** em off. Hehe, I actually am a teen. oops :)

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 12:27 AM
I have a test account, would it be worth posting the details?

pwnst*r
October 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM
I have a test account, would it be worth posting the details?

you'd better read the fine print first.

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 01:01 AM
Doing now.

ljrmorgan
October 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone, if anyone does have a spare invite I'd really appreciate it - my email is ljrmorgan at gmail dot com. Thanks!

I'm a bit peeved I haven't got one to be honest, I signed up practically as soon as it got announced. I'm doing an MSc in computer science this year and I'm particularly interested in web based applications, this seems like a great example of what's possible.

For those of you who have accounts - what do you think?

-grubby
October 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
I've used someone else's test account. It was amazing how well conversations flowed in it...

One of my friends was lucky and got invited, and in turn sent me an invite today. My account there isn't active yet, but once it is I'm willing to invite more people.

Email nathangrubb@gmail.com if you're interested.

vishzilla
October 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
I've used someone else's test account. It was amazing how well conversations flowed in it...

One of my friends was lucky and got invited, and in turn sent me an invite today. My account there isn't active yet, but once it is I'm willing to invite more people.

cool... sending a mail right now :popcorn:

ljrmorgan
October 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks, I've sent an email too.

Borjs85
October 1st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Another one. I promise I'll send invitations when I have my account.

jeyaganesh
October 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
Anyone here, send lot of requests from a same email ID to gWave team to send you an invitation?:lolflag:

thomasboleyn
October 1st, 2009, 01:09 PM
I sent an email request to the testing team but haven't heard anything, I'd really love an invite! If anyone has any spare my email address is thomasedwardbullen1986@googlemail.com

Thanks everyone!

DivineTemplar
October 1st, 2009, 01:20 PM

Email sent!

-grubby
October 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM
I've got 1 invite to reserve left.

EDIT: All gone

thomasboleyn
October 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
I've got 1 invite to reserve left.

EDIT: All gone

I just emailed you!

-=hazard=-
Apply here to be informed when invitations are ready

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wavesignup/

Cheers!

thomasboleyn
I just emailed you!

Just got your reply, thanks mate!

-grubby
October 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
I just emailed you!

Yeah, you picked the last invite as soon as I made that post.

DivineTemplar
October 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the invite. :)

Once I am in, I will share my invites.

nowin4me
October 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM
Please someone give me an invite!

My email is computorerror AT gmail DOT com

gorzka
October 1st, 2009, 02:03 PM
Please someone give me an invite!

email: thomas.gorzka(at)googlemail.com

Thanks

Marflus
October 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
I'd also appreciate an invite if anyone has any spare - cddevey [at] googlemail [dot] com

We should set up some more organised method for inviting people - a waiting list or so. So people don't get given more than one invite or get left waiting for ages when people that requested recently are given invites instantly.

Not volunteering to do that, of course >_> But I'd be glad to pass on invites to people on the forums if I get an account any time soon, naturally.

solitaire
October 1st, 2009, 02:09 PM
I'm finally gave in to reality that I was not in the initial 100k Wave invite list.... :(

So now if there's any invites left.... ^_~

drop me a line at: billc [at] s0l-uk.com

Many thanks ^__^

rudihawk
October 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Would appreciate an invite too! :)

rudidu [at] gmail *dot* com

EDIT: I have received an invite! So as soon as I can invite people and have an invite or 2 to share i'll spread them around!

solitaire
October 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
We should set up some more organised method for inviting people - a waiting list or so. So people don't get given more than one invite or get left waiting for ages when people that requested recently are given invites instantly.

Something like the Launchpad Bug tracker. Where if you want an invite you log in and sign up for a project or invite :) and they can be handed out and organized a bit quicker :)

jeyaganesh
October 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Please also invite me. my email id is jeyaganesh.rajamanickam at gmail com :lolflag:

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
Ok, I just figured it out. Send me a PM with your email if you would like an invite.

Hells_Dark
October 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
If anyone has got some left…
hellsdark…gmail…com ;)

brennydoogles
October 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
For those of us who have a Google Wave account, should we make a list in a new thread so we can add each other as contacts? I would love to mess around with it more (the dev preview was hard to use because there were so many public waves clogging up your inbox), but I don't have any contacts.

ljrmorgan
October 1st, 2009, 06:27 PM
For those of us who have a Google Wave account, should we make a list in a new thread so we can add each other as contacts? I would love to mess around with it more (the dev preview was hard to use because there were so many public waves clogging up your inbox), but I don't have any contacts.

Rub it in why don't you! :-P

Seriously though, that sounds like a really good idea, after all you'd struggle to test a communications thing if you don't know anyone else who's using it.

On a slightly cheeky note, invite me and I'll test it with you!

solitaire
October 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
lol!!

On a side note how long does it take to get the invite email once someone invites you?

chrisjsmith
October 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
lol!!

On a side note how long does it take to get the invite email once someone invites you?

I wouldn't know - noone will send me one - boo hoo! :(

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Ok, I've sent out all of my 7. Sorry to anyone who didn't get one. For those that did, please, pay it forward and invite some others from this thread.

Tux.Ice
October 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
lol!!

A couple hours, usually.

chriskin
October 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM
can one of the new ones send me one as well?

fitzydog
October 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
*sigh* Might as well drop my name in the hat too:
fitzdoggydog [at] gmail [dot] com

My English teacher's been buzzing about this for the past year, so he'll be pretty excited when I show up with an invite for him.

chriskin
October 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM
*sigh* Might as well drop my name in the hat too:
fitzdoggydog [at] gmail [dot] com

My English teacher's been buzzing about this for the past year, so he'll be pretty excited when I show up with an invite for him.

bribery is the best way to get the teacher on your side :)
or not :)

ravirdv
October 1st, 2009, 11:03 PM
can anyone plz invite me too :D

thanks ... :)

solitaire
October 1st, 2009, 11:32 PM
A couple hours, usually.
Thanks....

Google's "hamster in a wheel" is probably running over time with all the requests...
poor little thing will be exhausted.. lol ^__^

Guess i'll have to wait till the invite decides to pop up ^_^

Frak
October 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Meh. To me it just feels like Twitter with Maps and youtube. It's nothing that couldn't be recreated in half the time under Django or RoR. Google makes the API clearly available, somebody just has to implement it to make a clone.

I serously see nothing that makes this better than, say, a regular messenger. They didn't innovate anything that I can see. It's all taken from current ideas and just merged into a single application.

chriskin
October 2nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
It's all taken from current ideas and just merged into a single application.

isn't that good enough to spend some minutes to test it?

Frak
October 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
isn't that good enough to spend some minutes to test it?
Yeah, but it hasn't radically changed my life and made me say "GOOGLE, UR SOOO AWSHOME!" I haven't found a need to use it. It seems more like a blow-off app than a productive app.

kevdog
October 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
Despite the recent comments, I wished I had an invite also :(

chriskin
October 2nd, 2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah, but it hasn't radically changed my life and made me say "GOOGLE, UR SOOO AWSHOME!" I haven't found a need to use it. It seems more like a blow-off app than a productive app.

true :)

i haven't found anything worth making me go crazy like that, but i would like an invite to any more-than-good app :P

moster
October 2nd, 2009, 02:15 AM
huh, not so good after all that fuss?

Anybody got invitations left to share with technology hungry fellow Ubuntu user? :D

edit:
I get it, thanks to loell

loell
October 2nd, 2009, 03:17 AM
i could spare one, pm me your email add. :)

collinp
October 2nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
Hrm. I signed up when it first was announced, yet I still have not gotten one.

loell
October 2nd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Hellow,

PM me your email add. :)

tonys3
October 2nd, 2009, 03:54 AM
I got my invite today, Months ahead of everyone else. (I think)

Kinda odd, but, It must have been something I said :P

Did anyone else get an invite/want screenshots?

Ahhh. I'm so jealous. Congrats.Hopefully I'll get mine in the next few days./

pwnst*r
October 2nd, 2009, 04:03 AM
if anybloody has an invite, i'd forever be in your debt. or at least for 24hrs.

moster
October 2nd, 2009, 04:26 AM
I will share it, as soon as I can :D

steev182
October 2nd, 2009, 04:28 AM
if anybloody has an invite, i'd forever be in your debt. Or at least for 24hrs.

+1

DoktorSeven
October 2nd, 2009, 04:50 AM
Just like everyone else, I would love an invite, I'll do your laundry and wash your car for a month...

if I could :)

konqueror7
October 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
the thread being active again! nice! could someone get me an invite, until now i haven't get mine from google. (deuphilDOTkaufmannATgmailDOTcom)

thanks!

HappinessNow
October 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
I just signed up for a Google Wave invitation.

It's been at least 10 seconds and I am still waiting! :P

CyberJack
October 2nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
I would also like an invite. So if anyone has one left I will gladly take it off your hands :) If I can invite other people after wards I will share my invites here.

renkinjutsu
October 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
here's the podcast where i heard it (it's for shared documents) 17:30 mins onward. i haven't relistened to it
http://twit.tv/twig4

it's a good podcast. like i said there's a good chance i'm focusing on the negatives, but i think somewhere they talk about the main functionality of Wave

edit: 20:35 he makes the point that people's assumptions are wrong about it being a new email, im client etc and it's just a doc editing tool.

It's not email, it's not IM, it's not blog, wiki or anything..
It's WAVE.. And if you had watched the video, you'd know that they pointed it out.. it's essentially everything that's been invented in communication, reinvented and given ONE form with good integration.

edit: i'm not sure, but i think i've signed up for this twice..
The first time, i wrote them a happy birthday for their 10th birthday, then a 2nd time for their 11th birthday.. D; how could they not show me any love? D;

ravirdv
October 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
some plz invite me too :DD

ravirdv at gmail dot com

JillSwift
October 2nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
I'm holding out for Google to adopt an open standard, and release "Google OGG".

Google WAV, bah! Humbug!

moster
October 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM

Google WAV, bah! Humbug!

We will get back to you when we come back from surfing.

(the waves) :P

SomeGuyDude
October 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
gates[dot]zach[at]gmail[dot]com

Anyone who can forward me an invite will be my hero.

andrek
October 2nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
I'd highly appreciate an invitation.
solidslash *a.t* gmail *d.o.t* com

Hire
October 2nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
If someone has an invite pls can send one to me? :(

When I will into wave I can send other invite here too :D

My email si hiretto at gmail dot com

chrisjsmith
October 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Please please please send me one...

...or I stamp on the kitten!!!!

smithjchrisuk [at] googlemail [dot] com

(I have asked 4 times to no avail already)

piousp
October 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yay! I wanna try too!! Please send me an invite at:

piousp@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Why do why 'hide' the €mail adresses? :confused:

chriskin
October 2nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yay! I wanna try too!! Please send me an invite at:

piousp[at]gmail*dot*com

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Why do why 'hide' the €mail adresses? :confused:

bots usually search forums for emails and then send spam
i find it less trouble to Not hide my email address and just let my spam filter do the job, nothing ever got past gmail's spam filter anyway :)

piousp
October 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
i find it less trouble to Not hide my email address and just let my spam filter do the job, nothing ever got past gmail's spam filter anyway :)

There, fixed for you! Thanks for the clarification! :KS

Marflus
October 2nd, 2009, 11:16 PM

Something got through mine the other day! I was shocked. A random 419 scam. I marked it as spam, naturally. Won't be getting through again :)

But yeah, a bit off topic. Google Wave, right. Looking forward to using it...

misfitpierce
October 2nd, 2009, 11:23 PM
I signed up a looooooong time ago and still awaiting something... Maybe I will get one soon then.

pwnst*r
October 2nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
There, fixed for you! Thanks for the clarification! :KS

so you went through MORE trouble for what? and how exactly is it "trouble" to add [at] and/or dot to a sentence?

solitaire
October 2nd, 2009, 11:40 PM
Argh! still no Wave invite :(

Someone here kindly gave me an invite but i've not received it yet from Google :(

So how many of you's have invites left? ^_^

piousp
October 2nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
so you went through MORE trouble for what? and how exactly is it "trouble" to add [at] and/or dot to a sentence?

I guess i was bored :p
And thats my "public" email, so i dont really care if a spambot catch it.

mokolo
October 3rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
If anyone has a spare invite, I'd be happy to get one as well :)

My e-mail is hubertsimon22 at gmail dot com

moster
October 3rd, 2009, 07:47 AM
It seems that is little crowdy at wave department in google. Apparently to me was sent invitation but I was not get it yet for 12 hours. So, just sit tight, it goes slower then we think obviously.

vishzilla
October 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Google is very cautious on handing out invites

Paqman
October 3rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
I signed up a looooooong time ago and still awaiting something... Maybe I will get one soon then.

Ditto, and i'm a terrible Google fanboi. I feel like i've been dumped ;)

The invites are going for real money on eBay, though. I'm as curious about Wave as the next bloke, but what kind of saddo pays £20 for an invite?

NCLI
October 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Ditto, and i'm a terrible Google fanboi. I feel like i've been dumped ;)

The invites are going for real money on eBay, though. I'm as curious about Wave as the next bloke, but what kind of saddo pays £20 for an invite?
Me :guitar:

Paqman
October 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM

:lolflag:

Top marks for honesty!

Tibuda
October 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM

Google WAV, bah! Humbug!

Actually the Wave is an open standard based on XMPP. See http://waveprotocol.org/

Mateo
October 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
It's really not something to sweat about. Unless you know other people on Wave... what exactly are you going to do? I've had it since dev preview and I check it twice a month and what do you know, nothing in the inbox.

Hells_Dark
October 3rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
I still has got no invite :)

hellsdark…gmail…com, please nice people ^^

Hopey
October 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Please give invite, and make Ubuntu based server as soon as possible please please pleeeeaseee x)

esperanza.glass@gmail.com

pwnst*r
October 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM

lol!

Frak
October 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
I sent an invite to one of my friends today and Google shot it down. They're really picky about who is getting invites.

moster
October 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
I sent an invite to one of my friends today and Google shot it down. They're really picky about who is getting invites.

uh, you just confirm my dark spectre.

NinjaNumberNine
October 3rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
What do you all want Wave for?
Opera Unite is farther along and does a lot of the same stuff.
See their page: Opera Unite (http://unite.opera.com/)
Tell me what you think!

CJ Master
October 4th, 2009, 11:10 PM
What do you all want Wave for?
Opera Unite is farther along and does a lot of the same stuff.
See their page: Opera Unite (http://unite.opera.com/)
Tell me what you think!

Opera Unite is nothing like Google Wave. Have you even read about the Wave?

pwnst*r
October 5th, 2009, 01:20 PM
i'm thinking, no.

NinjaNumberNine
October 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
srry I'm not that much into social networking just assumed wave was "just another' service to combine em all and make millions...

Cam42
October 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Anyone got an invite they'd like to send my way?

NinjaNumberNine
October 5th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Anyone got an invite they'd like to send my way?
If I had one I'd forward it... :lolflag:

HappinessNow
October 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM
):P):p

-grubby
October 6th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I'm gonna bump this... I just received my Wave invite!

According to Google (http://www.google.com/support/wave/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=162237) I'm only able to send invites on a "limited basis," however. Hopefully I'll be able to send all 8 eventually.

vishzilla
October 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
cool. i hope i still have one reserved ;)

Linux&Gsus
October 6th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't mind an invitation. Be interested to see how it works and what it can do.
@ -grubby, I'm sending you a PM with my email. Hope you don't mind.

LookTJ
October 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I would like a Wave invite as well. Send me a PM for email.

The Jinx
October 6th, 2009, 02:02 PM
May anyone please send me an invite to Google Wave, PM for email.

Thank you,
Jinx

spyd4r
October 6th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hey why not, got a extra invite for me too?

thanks!

Kobalt
October 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I'll add my share to the bandwagon : I'd be glad to have an invite! thanks :)

kuarahy
October 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I want an invite too
who invites me? :)

renkinjutsu
October 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I'd ask for an invite but.... i'd be so torn between inviting all my friends and sharing the invites with you guys! I wouldn't be able to decide! D;

moster
October 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Well, do not hold your breath guys. I got invite but google cut me off. They CUT ME OFF!

I wonder what could be a reason...

I am considering DDOS attack for this.. :D

NinjaNumberNine
October 6th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Have fun surfing on the Wave!
http://googlewaveinvites.com/

moster
October 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Have fun surfing on the Wave!
http://googlewaveinvites.com/

Thanks, but who is like me, there is no help :(

moster
October 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Ok, after a week of waiting for actual conformation of invite I finally got it. So that you know, when somebody invites you, it can pass DAYS and days...

I see nobody actually edit their original post that they actually got an invite so I will sent invites to first 2-3 ppl who sent me their mail on PM.

edit:
It seems I am unable to send any invites. My account do not have that "ability". At this point my opinion on google is really low.

Linux&Gsus
October 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
So, is there still someone who could invite me?
Would be marvellous.

Cheers,
L&G

chrisxuk
October 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
If I could have an invite as well please that would be great :)

chrisxuk@hotmail.co.uk

Tiwalun
October 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I got my invite through this thread some days ago, and now I can already send out new invites.

I have about 3 to share, so just send me a pm if you want one.

Edit: I don't have any invites left.

hetx
October 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
These invite handouts pass way too fast! Never gonna get my hands on one.

But I got one thing going for me, I'm not too proud to beg! :)

Nburnes
October 18th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I've been waiting on an invite forever.

Literally check my inbox almost every time I am on a computer.

Rogercorman
October 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I would love, love, LOVE in invite. I would be eternally grateful if someone could give it to me. I'll PM you my email address if you want to send it.

EDIT: I realize that I'm begging, and if I'm not supposed to say something like this, I'll take it down. :)

beastrace91
October 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Hehe, I got my invite some time last week - I had applied for one some two months or so ago though. Your best bet is to simply go apply for one and then wait your turn like the rest of us ;)

Oh and I'm out of invites, gave them out to family and friends so don't ask :P

~Jeff

ZankerH
October 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I got my google account activated for wave about a week ago, overall the service is still quite laggy, and not real-time at all when there's more than 10 people participating in a wave, even more so if several apps are involved.

And no, I'm not giving out nominations, I sent them to people I'd actually like to try stuff out with. It's pathetic how every time there's a preview/beta of a pre-hyped site/product (I'm looking at you, Wave), the slots are filled 99% by technically illiterate people who just want to get in on it before everyone else so they can brag about it, while people who actually want to contribute are left out.

Sublime Porte
October 19th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I really don't see what the fuss is about getting an invite. It might seem like a great thing to use, but in reality, unless you're planning on doing development for Wave then it's not really suitable for public consumption just yet. You're gonna get very bored very fast (ie. within a matter of minutes). The thing about Wave is, that unless pretty much everyone on the planet is using it, then it's not really going to be all that interesting a medium to have access to.

Half the people I gave my invites to haven't even used it beyond the first time they loggged in. The other half have used it probably no more than a handful of times (only one of them is a developer, and I don't think he's even interested in Wave for development).

NCLI
October 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
PM me for invites. 7 to go.

All gone now. If you've sent me a PM, you will be first in line for the next batch of invites :)

praveesh
October 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM
What actually is google wave ?. What can I do with it ?

pwnst*r
October 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDu2A3WzQpo

Tibuda
October 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM

It is a new protocol based on XMPP to replace email, chat, wiki, social networks, everything integrated.

Mateo
October 19th, 2009, 07:43 PM
It is a new protocol based on XMPP to replace email, chat, wiki, social networks, everything integrated.

not true. the best way to explain it is that it's a new communications platform developed for the web. there's a lot more to it, but that's the baseline of what it is.

Niko Johnson
October 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I didnt get an invite!

moeFinley
October 19th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I am a developer and I'd love to have an invite!

Please if anyone has a spare!

Thanks

Sublime Porte
October 21st, 2009, 03:01 AM

Actually only the server to server communication is based on XMPP.

praveesh
October 21st, 2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks . Can I please know what it's demerits are ?

CJ Master
October 21st, 2009, 03:42 AM
Hello,

I'm interested in developing for google wave. Anybody mind sending me an invite?

Danke. :)

Mateo
October 21st, 2009, 04:26 AM
Thanks . Can I please know what it's demerits are ?

slow and buggy.

few people using it (meaning few people to communicate with).

Frak
October 21st, 2009, 04:38 AM
slow and buggy.

few people using it (meaning few people to communicate with).
Agreed.

konqueror7
October 24th, 2009, 10:07 AM
finally! got an invite! lets see how 'groundbreaking' and 'glass-shattering' is google wave...

gnomeuser
October 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Got my invite last night, it looks pretty nifty but as it relies on your friends also being on Wave currently it is pretty lonely there for me. Another nitpick item is that the introduction videos are from youtube in flash which doesn't run well at all on my machine, I really wish they had an ogg theora alternative since those run smooth in the browser.

konqueror7
October 25th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Got my invite last night, it looks pretty nifty but as it relies on your friends also being on Wave currently it is pretty lonely there for me. Another nitpick item is that the introduction videos are from youtube in flash which doesn't run well at all on my machine, I really wish they had an ogg theora alternative since those run smooth in the browser.

yeah, the flash video intro was lagging in mine too, an me, myself is alone there...haha

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM
i have one invite to give away. first person to ask gets it.

shafin
October 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
i have one invite to give away. first person to ask gets it.
I asked

gnomeuser
October 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I have 16 invites, to make it fun I will give you one provided you pm me the correct answer to the following question:

What was Kevin Mitnick's handle?

*edit*

Please do remember to NOT post the answer in the thread and to include your email in the PM.

There are now 13 invites left.

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I asked

it's yours

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I have 16 invites, to make it fun I will give you one provided you pm me the correct answer to the following question:

how do you have 16 invites? i have had wave since july and just got an email with an invite 2 days ago.

renkinjutsu
October 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM

how did you get your invites so quickly? i haven't gotten mine to give away yet

shafin
October 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM

Rodnoc?

Mateo will hopefully send me one. Hence the question on the handle.

gnomeuser
October 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM
how did you get your invites so quickly? i haven't gotten mine to give away yet

I think it depends on how you got included. I applied on the opening day, I suspect that if you were invited by someone else then you do not get invites right away.

Please let it be noted by the way that the invites we get are not immediate, Google doesn't send one out right after you are nominated. This is likely to balance the load on the test server.

j.bell730
October 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM

edit: nvm

SomeGuyDude
October 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm sure this thing is loads of fun once people start using it, but right now it feels like if I was one of the first people allowed in a basketball court. Without having people to play with, I'm just tossin' the ball around boredly.

renkinjutsu
October 25th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I'm sure this thing is loads of fun once people start using it, but right now it feels like if I was one of the first people allowed in a basketball court. Without having people to play with, I'm just tossin' the ball around boredly.

We can move this whole thread to Google Wave..
would that make things less boring?

SomeGuyDude
October 25th, 2009, 08:00 PM

I just mean Wave isn't going to really hit its full stride until it comes out of "invite only" and goes full. Once I can really fill up my contact list. It's got all the PIECES there, but it needs the people to use 'em.

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 08:13 PM

I'd love to. Send me your contact and I'll start a wave.

Any other takers?

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I just mean Wave isn't going to really hit its full stride until it comes out of "invite only" and goes full. Once I can really fill up my contact list. It's got all the PIECES there, but it needs the people to use 'em.

I think it will hit its stride with businesses first, not personal.

The biggest challenge for google is to make a "wave server" that is easily deployable cross-platform. I'm talking an executable installer and that's pretty much it. Most small businesses outsource their IT, and the IT companies are more hardware experts than software. This is something Google has never done before, made a product that (easily) deploys on somewhere other than their own servers.

If they do that, they have a hit. Wave would be a POWERFUL productivity tool in businesses. All of those questions you answer twice a week; no more. Someone asks a question and you just add them to the wave that already has the answer.

SomeGuyDude
October 25th, 2009, 08:32 PM
gates.zach[at]gmail.com here if anyone feels like startin' that wave.

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 08:45 PM
gates.zach[at]gmail.com here if anyone feels like startin' that wave.

I started it!

Mateo
October 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Anyone else want in on this discussion (inside wave)? Post your user names.

gnomeuser
October 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Anyone else want in on this discussion (inside wave)? Post your user names.

gnomeuser at gmail dot com

LookTJ
October 26th, 2009, 06:59 AM
gnomeuser at gmail dot com
Sent an invitation :)

dbyjazz
October 26th, 2009, 07:38 AM

you can send invites?? Will you send me one? haha

Sublime Porte
October 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
The biggest challenge for google is to make a "wave server" that is easily deployable cross-platform. I'm talking an executable installer and that's pretty much it. Most small businesses outsource their IT, and the IT companies are more hardware experts than software.

Anyone who's going to be setting up and installing a wave server is probably gonna be smart enough to not require a point-click package.

gnomeuser
October 26th, 2009, 09:55 AM

ergh why? Didn't you see I am giving out invites, clearly I am on Wave already. This was to be included in the Google Wave debate on Google Wave, in a wave (how meta is that?)

konqueror7
October 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
deuphil DOT kaufmann AT gmail DOT com

count me in the discussion!

ST.x
October 26th, 2009, 01:47 PM
seynthan[DOT]tx[at]gmail[DOT]com please :P

HappinessNow
October 26th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I need a Google Wave invite!...please, anybody?

Also, for fun I started a Google Wave social Group here at Ubuntuforums:

http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=654

PatrickBoyle
October 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Let's do this.

montegab AT gmail DOT com

LookTJ
October 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
ergh why? Didn't you see I am giving out invites, clearly I am on Wave already. This was to be included in the Google Wave debate on Google Wave, in a wave (how meta is that?)
I'm sorry, it was late last night. So I didn't read your post correctly. Forgive me.
Edit: also pm me for those of you that want an invite. 18 reserved

PatrickBoyle
October 27th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I've got 8 invites as well. PM for one.

Kautilya
October 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I've got 8 invites as well. PM for one.

Sent you a PM.....Looking forward to the invite.
Send at Kautilya.in [at] gmail [dot] com

and1bskbl72
October 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Hi I would appreciate an invite as well.

Send to wfhmarketing[at]gmail[dot]com

konqueror7
October 27th, 2009, 01:37 PM
okay, just to to share the fun, i've got 20 invites still...so pm me if anyone needs one...:D

HappinessNow
October 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I've got 8 invites as well. PM for one.PM'd you...access my email from the drop down menu on my user name.

HappinessNow
October 27th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Also, for fun I started a Google Wave social Group here at Ubuntuforums:

http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=654nice to see a couple of members already :p

virusiidx
October 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't mind an invite if anyone has any invites to spare. :)

theuberdood[at]gmail.com

konqueror7
October 27th, 2009, 05:43 PM
16 invites left by me...:D

oh, nice to have a google wave group,,,,:D

kevdog
October 27th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Asking for a wave invite is like begging

and I'm begging for one!!

manoriax
October 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm begging, too :D

konqueror7
October 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
got 14 invites left...:D

hey, does anyone know the wave of google wave is? please invite me, i want to join the discussion,,,thanks

ttados
October 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
got 14 invites left...:D

hey, does anyone know the wave of google wave is? please invite me, i want to join the discussion,,,thanks

Is there any way I could get one of those invites? I also have a Google Voice invite if you, or anyone else, wants it.

konqueror7
October 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Is there any way I could get one of those invites? I also have a Google Voice invite if you, or anyone else, wants it.

just pm me with your email...still got 13 left...and lets trade with with your google voice...:D

manoriax
October 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Can anyone explain me how this works now? :D

ttados
October 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
konqueror7, for some reason I cant send a PM. My email is dallasb86@gmail.com. Ill for sure send you my invite to Google Voice if you can get me your email address!

Mateo
October 27th, 2009, 10:57 PM
everyone with Wave, check your messages, i just started the google wave discussion wave.

LookTJ
October 28th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I got 15 reserved now.

kyle99
October 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I can offer a google voice invite for a google wave invite, email me at kyle@kylethomas.net if interested :)

How is it, everybody?

konqueror7
October 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM
everyone with Wave, check your messages, i just started the google wave discussion wave.

your the one who invited me? thanks!

konqueror7
October 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
just to post Google message on the invitation for google wave accounts

Invite others to Google Wave

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!

so, its not an a guaranty that you will get your accounts right away, instead it only increases the chances of getting registered.:D

konqueror7
October 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
okay, for those still having doubts of me if i've added them, or am i a spambot (lol)...here's a screeny from my wave...

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5867/80270780.th.png (http://img260.imageshack.us/i/80270780.png/)

just guess where your email is,,,thanks,,,:D

ttados
October 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the add konqueror7! Did you want a google voice invite?

konqueror7
October 28th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the add konqueror7! Did you want a google voice invite?

oh, you received your wave account?

nah, don't use my phone too much, and also someone added me already (i think)...haha

yoasif
October 28th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, been reading through this thread, and no, I don't have any invites to give.

However, a lot of the stuff that is accomplished by Wave (the more interesting things anyway, like wiki editing and collaboration) are available in a little project that I have been working on for a few months.

For the guys that haven't gotten wave invites, maybe some of you might want to play with my project?

It's still an alpha and we're still looking for feedback, and we don't expect it to take off nearly as much as wave, but I'd love it if you early adopter types were to check it out.

Here it is: http://stocks29.homelinux.net:4000/

We support OpenID and Google logins, hope you don't mind the spammy spam. :/

ttados
October 28th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Oh no, not yet, I guess I meant thanks for the "suggestion" haha.

LookTJ
October 29th, 2009, 12:01 AM
It took two days for my friend(personal, not online) to receive an invite for wave in mailbox.

Frak
October 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Now that I have Google Wave, let's Wave.

Tekmoor
October 29th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I have some Wave invites I can share as well, pm me your email if interested!

PatrickBoyle
October 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I just got an additional 15 invites. PM for one.

Xyroe
October 30th, 2009, 08:43 PM
EDIT: Never mind, just got my invite :)

PatrickBoyle
October 30th, 2009, 08:48 PM
So has anybody got any spare invites left? I've love to try out Wave :)

I also have a google voice invite (well, 3 actually), that I could pass out in return.

PM sent.

LookTJ
October 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I have 14 left to give if anyone wants to give a go.

Velvet_Man
October 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I have 14 left to give if anyone wants to give a go.

Sweet! Just sent a PM :D

LookTJ
October 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
12 left. :). Wave has a few bugs. I ran into the same bug Patrick ran into. It was driving me mad as why it happened like that. Displaying all but one wave? It was an interesting experience. But it's fixed today.

amsum
October 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
send me one

LookTJ
October 30th, 2009, 09:30 PM
send me one
Sent you a PM.

mangurt
October 30th, 2009, 10:06 PM
got any wave invites left?

quazi
October 30th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Any left perchance? I'd love to fool around with Wave.

MJWitter
October 30th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Would also love an invite if you still have available!
Thanks!

manoriax
October 31st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Anyone out there who can invite me to a wave? I'm lonely. ^^

matmatmat
October 31st, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'd love to fool around with Wave.

Same here ;)

NCLI
October 31st, 2009, 03:37 PM
I have 11 more invites to hand out, feel free to PM me with your email address if you still want one.

Let's all decide on a date and get together to test all the features :D

hoppipolla
October 31st, 2009, 03:54 PM
I have 11 more invites to hand out, feel free to PM me with your email address if you still want one.

Let's all decide on a date and get together to test all the features :D

sent! I'm really curious to try Wave as to be honest I am so tired of Facebook - I need an alternative communication tool! heh :D

Cheers! :)

Frak
October 31st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Anyone out there who can invite me to a wave? I'm lonely. ^^
Give me your @googlewave.com address and I'll add you to my contacts.

NCLI
October 31st, 2009, 09:43 PM
Just bumping this: I still have lots of invites if you want one. PM me ;)

BTW: Anyone up for starting a "chainmail" to add each other to our Wave addressbooks? Just a thought, since posting the address in the forums is just begging spammers to harvest them.

LookTJ
October 31st, 2009, 10:34 PM

BTW: Anyone up for starting a "chainmail" to add each other to our Wave addressbooks? Just a thought, since posting the address in the forums is just begging spammers to harvest them.
I would love to.

11 left in my bag.

j.bell730
October 31st, 2009, 10:40 PM

I'm down with that.

Vrekk
November 1st, 2009, 02:55 AM

That would be cool. I have a few invite im willing to hand out as well

mangurt
November 2nd, 2009, 03:05 AM
I believe I have an invite (received a pm stating it was sent). Now I'm waiting for google to get off it's *$$ and send the invite to me. How many damn stamps do they have to lick?

LookTJ
November 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
I have 9 invites to give.

For anyone that has pm'ed me for an invitation, check the list I attached to see which one might be yours.

jeroen.kurvers
November 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
12 invites left, dm if you want one...

update: got some more from Google, 13 invites left..

11 left...

kyle99
November 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
I have invites to give away, and add me on wave iamalwayssto@googlewave.com if you want to talk about stuff, I'm sorta bored atm.

Vrekk
November 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
vrekkd@googlewave if someone wants to test it out with me.

RATM_Owns
November 3rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
I have 18 invites. PM if you want one and I might give you one. ;)

vithon985@googlewave.com :D

DeadSuperHero
November 4th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Are there any UF Waves out there? I haven't found any yet, so if someone's willing to start one that might be a lot of fun!

Vrekk
November 4th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Are there any UF Waves out there? I haven't found any yet, so if someone's willing to start one that might be a lot of fun!

If there is I haven't found it yet. Im itching to wave with just about anybody, and if its about Ubuntu, all the better :D

DeadSuperHero
November 4th, 2009, 05:01 AM
If there is I haven't found it yet. Im itching to wave with just about anybody, and if its about Ubuntu, all the better :D

Well, maybe one of us should start one.

Vrekk
November 4th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Yes we should. Im vrekkd@googlewave.com add me