PDA

View Full Version : I love Linux!!!

prime85
July 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I just want to thank everyone for their help in setting up my ubuntu system. I have almost everything running perfectly and am getting very comfortable using it. i still have some hardware to get working like my built in webcam and biometric reader but other then that it is perfect and i couldnt have dont it without all of you.

i also installed ubuntu on my dads old windows 98 system and now his computer is even faster then when he first bought it.

:KSThank you very much!!

P.S. windows sucks!!!

Sporkman
July 28th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I'll ditto the part about Linux - it completely changed my computing experience.

Thanks to all the open-source programmers for volunteering their time & effort.

dragos240
July 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah. Go FOSS!

Grant A.
July 28th, 2009, 08:00 PM
i also installed ubuntu on my dads old windows 98 system and now his computer is even faster then when he first bought it.

Really? On a Windows 98 system? Either that was a beast at its time, or Ubuntu has really slimmed down. My laptop from 2005 can barely handle Ubuntu.

Congratulations on the switch, though. I remember my first days with Ubuntu. :rolleyes:

(Note: Although the emoticon is called "rolleyes", I picked it because it looks like a guy reminiscing, rather than a guy rolling his eyes.)

prime85
July 29th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Really? On a Windows 98 system? Either that was a beast at its time, or Ubuntu has really slimmed down. My laptop from 2005 can barely handle Ubuntu.

Congratulations on the switch, though. I remember my first days with Ubuntu. :rolleyes:

(Note: Although the emoticon is called "rolleyes", I picked it because it looks like a guy reminiscing, rather than a guy rolling his eyes.)

I guess it must have been a good computer for its time then. some hardware that never worked with win98 he can now use.

He now uses that computer to do his downloading because i told him he wouldnt have to worry about virus':D