PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Qimo Install

kcorarg
July 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of (not much) and am hoping someone can give me a hand with this.

I'm trying to install qimo (a kids distro based on xubuntu) on some old pcs that I have to do some training with some preschool teachers.

It boots from the CD to the first screen (where you choose to install or use live CD) if I choose install it freezes before the first menu is fully loaded - I think it's the language or keyboard layout one. If I choose boot from live cd it brings up the desktop wallpaper but nothing else loads.

I'm sure the details of the pc are important but I'm not really sure exactly what you might need to know - here's what I have, tell me if you need to know more:

AMD athlon 64 processor 3000+
999mhz
448 mb ram

Umm I hope that helps.

I've had a big look and can't find anyone else with a simular problem.

Thanks

kcorarg
July 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hey,

Noticed I didn't post details of graphics card

VIA/S3G UniChromeII graphics

wandalalakers
August 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Just like kc said your video card might be the problem but since he or she said video card, try doing the safe graphics option when doing an install. I've installed qimo twice but I wish it had the desktop icon enabled so you could see a cd or flash drive on the desktop like a standard xubuntu install. Maybe I'm overlooking an option.