PDA

View Full Version : An Ubuntu Flyer

ankitmalik
January 23rd, 2005, 12:52 PM
Just made an Ubuntu Flyer!

Nothing stunning but have a look please if you wanna...

http://ankitmalik.f2g.net/ubuntuflyer.htm

All comments/rants/raves welcome

eklim
January 23rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
nice and simple

8)

runenes
January 23rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
Now all we need is an airplane!

ankitmalik
January 24th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Now all we need is an airplane!
Oops! Well can you help me make it better.

I mean it is still in nascent stage.

Can you guyz help me improve it but at the same type keep it simple bcoz that is what Ubuntu is!

BTW is 'Welcome to 1984' a comment on my flyer [ok not a flyer but...] or is that part of your signature?

ankitmalik
January 24th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Update

UUF Version 0.2 Released

UUF= Unoffical Ubuntu Flyer!

Check the updated version here

Changelog ;-)

> Changed background colour to Yellow
> Altered a few lines [lines= continous underscores!]
> Decreased the font of the bottom two lines
> Ubuntu 'Linux for Human Beings' : Bold and Underline for emphasising
> Err... Am I missing something!

That is it!

Check it here (http://ankitmalik.f2g.net/ubuntuflyer.htm)

runenes
January 24th, 2005, 11:58 AM
It's my signature, totally unrelated. Pick up George Orwell - 1984 if you want to know what it's about. Or listen to Dead Kennedies - California Uber Alles!

Couldn't connect to the server to see the updated version, but it's likely something on my side, I'll check back.

ankitmalik
January 24th, 2005, 12:37 PM
It's my signature, totally unrelated. Pick up George Orwell - 1984 if you want to know what it's about. Or listen to Dead Kennedies - California Uber Alles!

Couldn't connect to the server to see the updated version, but it's likely something on my side, I'll check back.

Try it again! Maybe

it is working for me!

here catch it > http://ankitmalik.f2g.net/ubuntuflyer.htm

machiner
January 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Wanted to comment on your phrasing...forgive me, but...

"But what can take you aback is the extreme amount of configurations required."

Has negative connotations.

Psychologically speaking - you just scared away a big portion of your demo.

It's important (while still maintaing honesty in advertising) to not bring up anything negative in the initial contact with potential "customers" regarding a product. People will read that line and get turned away - they will remember what they had heard about linux -- all of it - linux is for geeks
linux is terrifically hard to set up and configure (we know differently, don't we)

As well, Ubuntu is completely NOT hard to configure, not does it require such from the end-user. In fact, I would remove that phrasing and replace it with the following:

No longer is Linux hard to configure...or call it a NEW thing -- hey now - Linux is now easier than windows to install and configure.

NEVER use wording that would potentially scare away a (large or small) portion of your intended audiance.

peace

Randabis
January 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM
"completey" is not a word. :)

ankitmalik
January 25th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Wanted to comment on your phrasing...forgive me, but...

"But what can take you aback is the extreme amount of configurations required."

Has negative connotations.

Psychologically speaking - you just scared away a big portion of your demo.

It's important (while still maintaing honesty in advertising) to not bring up anything negative in the initial contact with potential "customers" regarding a product. People will read that line and get turned away - they will remember what they had heard about linux -- all of it - linux is for geeks
linux is terrifically hard to set up and configure (we know differently, don't we)

As well, Ubuntu is completely NOT hard to configure, not does it require such from the end-user. In fact, I would remove that phrasing and replace it with the following:

No longer is Linux hard to configure...or call it a NEW thing -- hey now - Linux is now easier than windows to install and configure.

NEVER use wording that would potentially scare away a (large or small) portion of your intended audiance.

peace
thanks! will keep that in mind when updating to version 0.3 ! [handling it as a project, am I ;-) ]

you are right!

ankitmalik
January 25th, 2005, 11:16 AM
"completey" is not a word. :)
oopss.... how could I make such a mistake :(

this is so embarassing. sorry guyz!

Bottomline: Never forget the spellcheck! Quaint.

Off to get rid of the typo!

bye

ankitmalik
January 25th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Hello

Version 0.3 UUF Released

Changelog

> fixed an embarrasing typo

> ran a spellcheck !

> edited a statement