PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Controlling OOImpress Slideshow on Multitasking PC

joshua29
July 28th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Hi, I run an Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (x86-64) on a AMDX2 cpu with a NVidia dual head setup (a LCD console and a data projector). As well as a normal PS/2 keyboard and mouse, I have a Logitech USB wireless presenter which is used for controlling OOImpress slideshows.

While a slideshow is running, the PC is also used for audio recording via Audacity. To monitor recording progress on the LCD panel, the user selects a second desktop page which takes the window focus away from OOImpress and as a result OOImpress no longer responds to the presenter button clicks.

Is there any way in Ubuntu/Gnome/Xorg of directing the presenter button clicks to the OOImpress Window regardless of what window is active? (I'm presuming - maybe incorrectly - that OOImpress would still respond even though it no longer has the window focus)

The presenter has four buttons which seem to simulate keyboard keystrokes (not mouse button clicks) F5/Esc, B, Ctrl+PgUp, Ctrl+PgDn ... I think. Ubuntu recognised the presenter without requiring any configuration.

I've googled away but haven't found anything specific to this issue.

Thanks