PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to add Shut Down and LogOut buttons on Gnome Menu in Panel?

vickoxy
July 28th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Hi,
i had for couple days these buttons, but now i lost them (after reinstallation). Does anyone knows how can i get them in Gnome Menu Panel?
Thanks

Giant Speck
July 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Hi,
i had for couple days these buttons, but now i lost them (after reinstallation). Does anyone knows how can i get them in Gnome Menu Panel?
Thanks

Have you tried looking under "System"? And no, I'm not trying to be a smartass.

drs305
July 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
If you right click on the panel, Add to Panel, you should be able to add them. As you mention, they are called Logout and Quit.

Edit: I guess you want them on the menu itself. You may be able to get them back with the "Revert" button at the bottom of the Edit Menu page, although it may only reset either the Applications or System menus. Right click the Main icon, Edit Menus, Revert.

vickoxy
July 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
If you right click on the panel, Add to Panel, you should be able to add them. As you mention, they are called Logout and Quit.

Edit: I guess you want them on the menu itself. You may be able to get them back with the "Revert" button at the bottom of the Edit Menu page, although it looks like this would reset either the Applications or System menus. Right click the Main icon, Edit Menus, Revert.

No :D, have to add new starter (see here: http://www.newtnotes.com/item/2009/06/adding-log-out-button-back-to-ubuntu-904-main-menu),

BUT if you remove Log Out button from panel, than these new buttons show automatically in Gnome Menu.

So, call it solved.