PDA

View Full Version : A lil help pls =)

Rohen
July 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Hello guys, I am in a bit of a pickle. I'm wondering if any of you ladies and gents know whats wrong with this site:

http://q4trade.com/

I'm using a flash template and as you can see, the menu text is not where its supposed to. Not only menu text but the text in the contacts, bio, and exhibitions pages are missing. Looking at it from my comp, it looks perfectly fine, but when uploaded it does not work correctly. What am I doing wrong? Or is there something wrong with the template period?

hansdown
July 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hi Rohen.

You can't scroll with the mouse on this site, but you can drag the window with the bar on the right.

HappinessNow
July 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Hello guys, I am in a bit of a pickle. I'm wondering if any of you ladies and gents know whats wrong with this site:

http://q4trade.com/

I'm using a flash template and as you can see, the menu text is not where its supposed to. Not only menu text but the text in the contacts, bio, and exhibitions pages are missing. Looking at it from my comp, it looks perfectly fine, but when uploaded it does not work correctly. What am I doing wrong? Or is there something wrong with the template period?

Thanks :confused:Works fine for me but I'm using Firefox in Apple.

I would change "Link" to "Home" instead.

EDIT: I see what you mean you want the top menu text centered in your bar right?

magmon
July 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Looks fine to me other than the fact that the name animation is poorly done.

HappinessNow
July 28th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Rohen, any reason why you choose to host your photo gallery in flash?

swoll1980
July 28th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Looks fine to me other than the fact that the name animation is poorly done.

You don't see how the menu items are out of place? It looks funky.

Rohen
July 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Thank you guys for the responses. To better illustrate my situation I've attached an image of Contacts as to how the site is supposed to look like.

As you can see something is wrong when looking at the site from the web, as opposed to looking at it from local.

http://q4trade.com/help/contacts.PNG

swoll1980
Rohen, any reason why you choose to host your photo gallery in flash?

I thought the same thing. I personally hate websites that are flash based, too bulky.

Rohen
You don't see how the menu items are out of place? It looks funky.

Yea that's what I mean. =D

HappinessNow
July 28th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Thank you guys for the responses. To better illustrate my situation I've attached an image of Contacts as to how the site is supposed to look like.

As you can see something is wrong when looking at the site from the web, as opposed to looking at it from local.

http://q4trade.com/help/contacts.PNG
Your contact page looks fine here.

doas777
July 28th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I see your issue, but since it's in flash, I can't see what the cause might be. man, I hate flash.

swoll1980
July 28th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Hover over the menu and watch what happens.

HappinessNow
July 28th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I thought the same thing. I personally hate websites that are flash based, too bulky.I block all Flash Websites!

Rohen
July 28th, 2009, 01:02 AM

Nope look harder :D

Rohen
July 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I see your issue, but since it's in flash, I can't see what the cause might be. man, I hate flash.

I mean it looks perfectly fine from my comp, but remotely its bugged out.:(

HappinessNow
July 28th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Nope look harder :DHere is what your Website really looks like for me with Flashblock enabled. This is the fate of all Flash Websites.

I love the f-button! :P

doas777
July 28th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I mean it looks perfectly fine from my comp, but remotely its bugged out.:(

usually i find that that kind of problem, is caused by a stray height=x or width=y statement somewhere, on an occasion when you should really allow the layout to handle the specifics, but I've never designed anything in flash. if it still uses coldfusion, then you have my apologies.

Rohen
July 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM
usually i find that that kind of problem, is caused by a stray height=x or width=y statement somewhere, on an occasion when you should really allow the layout to handle the specifics, but I've never designed anything in flash. if it still uses coldfusion, then you have my apologies.

lol I appreciate your input =) I am gonna take a quick look and see if I can play around with what you said. Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.

If you have any other ideas please let me know, I'll be doing this all night.

Rohen
August 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
Anyone interested in fixing this for me send me a PM, we'll talk out what I need done as well as payment. Thanks.

jonathanysp
August 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
it looks pretty nice but i personally do not like flash, its slow and just not nice. I cant wait till the day when we're free from flash! Anyways im no web designer but im pretty sure that there are many ways to have simple animations without flash with jquery i think? this should make your site smoother and more plugin independent

somsma
August 8th, 2009, 04:00 AM
HERE IS ONE SCREENSHOT FROM ME . I AM SOMSMA PLEASE REPLY ME SOON TO MY MAILING ADDRESS ALREADY SENT TO YOU VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE.

somsma:popcorn:

CJ Master
August 8th, 2009, 04:09 AM
HERE IS ONE SCREENSHOT FROM ME . I AM SOMSMA PLEASE REPLY ME SOON TO MY MAILING ADDRESS ALREADY SENT TO YOU VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE.

somsma:popcorn:

Please reply to this post to prove you're not a spambot.

somsma
August 8th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I am not that one more thing many persons in this forum are against Flash. Why?