PDA

View Full Version : One more reason to stick with Ubuntu!

CrusaderAD
July 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I just figured I'd drop thsi thread in here and ask, has anyone else had repeated bad experiences with "MVP" Microsoft "professionals". I drop regular threads in another forum (and I won't name names) and I am just appalled by the sarcastic remarks and simple unwillingness to help there is in these places and they are all by people who have like 20,000 posts and are supposed to be wizzes at this stuff. I drop a post in Ubuntu Forums and I get instant, useful, friendly help. I drop one in another MS forum and I get responses like this:

Thread moved to Database Development forum (the "****" forum is only meant for questions which don't fit in more specific forums)

As your questions are not directly related, they should be in separate threads.

As you have made me do extra work that should not be needed, I will not answer your questions.

I mean, what is this person thinking? Like it was that much "work" to move a thread. Why be a member of the forum if you're unwilling to help. I just couldn't believe this and it's not the first time I've seen this stuff before. I read over some other threads that other people made and these guys just treat everyone like dirt. One more reason to stick to Ubuntu!

SuperSonic4
July 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Don't blame this poster - he's following Microsoft's example in power abuse

CrusaderAD
July 27th, 2009, 09:40 PM
You mean the poster I quoted?

SuperSonic4
July 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, my apologies if that was not clear.

I do like the community here :)

philcamlin
July 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, my apologies if that was not clear.

I do like the community here :)

+1 best forums ive joined :popcorn:

CrusaderAD
July 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I agree, great community here. I've always had great results here and I do try to help others out too.

magh-87
July 27th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I think I've been very fortunate to not get involved in a bad forum yet. I'm a member of several and all of them are filled with (mostly) intellectual and interesting members.

Maybe it's time to sign off of that one.

Sef
July 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Moved to Community Cafe.

Giant Speck
July 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I really don't think this is the place to rant and complain about users on other forums as they do not have an opportunity to defend themselves from your allegations.

schauerlich
July 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Moved to Community Cafe.

Sef didn't answer the OP's question! Oh noes!

stockley
July 28th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I really don't think this is the place to rant and complain about users on other forums as they do not have an opportunity to defend themselves from your allegations.

I don't think they care very much anyway :P
I must say that ubuntuforums is probably the best, most friendly and helpful forum I've ever signed up to.

Bachstelze
July 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Ditto. Thread closed.